Archinect
anchor

Otaining Floor Plans

mARTy Deco

I've been on a wild chase to get some floor plans for a building that was built in the 1920's, for a school project. I've gone to the department of Building and Planning, and they have them on microfilm. For them to release them to me, I need the Architect's permission. The problem is that the architect has been dead for over 60 years, and I cannot find any record of next of kin.

I've also tried to contact the people currently occupying the building, and have had no response. Can I just bring a death certificate back to the Department of B&P? Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 08 9:20 pm
n_

Call them and explain that the architect died over 60 years ago. Stress that you are a student and it's for a school project. Give them as much unnessary detail as possible (school name, class title, professor name, why you need this building and not another building, etc) for them to release any information they have.

Jan 9, 08 9:30 pm  · 
 · 

find out who owns it?

Jan 9, 08 9:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: