Archinect
anchor

Salaries in Madrid 2007/2008

Boreal

Just to add to the various discussions about architects salaries in Spain (mainly in Barcelona as far as I can gather..?) could somebody give me an idea for expected salary ranges in Madrid for architects last year and this year?

Fresh graduate
2 - 3 years experience
5+ years experience

Jan 5, 08 11:01 am
n_

An aquaintance of mine moved back from Madrid a few months ago. She has a B. Arch and 2 years of experience. She was making 8 euros an hour. I don't know if this an extreme case, but this was her case.

Jan 5, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
crgixxer

I had a friend working in barcelona, although it was only for about four months while his partner was studying there. He had a couple yrs experience, and I think he was making 9-10Euros an hour.

Jan 6, 08 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
ldaye

i went to barcelona fresh out of undergrad (BLA) and only made 600 euros a month. aug 2005- sept 2006

my roommate also went and worked for a product designer for free. well known architects consider working for their firm a privilage, so you are not going to see much. she ended up working for an architect and made close to 800 euros a month.

Jan 7, 08 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
greenlander1

i was in madrid bout 5 yrs ago
in starchitect office
2 yrs exp
m arch
paid 400 000 pesetas @ 166 peseta to euro a mo
25% of which was taxes
not much but
more than paid the bills
and was considered to be on v high end of young architect salary

generally speaking pay is v poor if you work for architect
but if you share a flat w someone you can live pretty cheap

Jan 7, 08 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
jgeis

I don't know, I think bcnDaye and his/her colleague didn't receive the greatest conditions, and I don't think that's representative of architecture salaries in Spain.

I agree w/ greenlander that rent can be very cheap if you share a piso.

Fresh grads who started at the office I worked at in Sevilla (a well-known medium-sized office) earned a base salary of about 1100 euros/mo, and in Madrid salaries are generally a bit higher.

I'd say a person w/ 2-3 yrs experience should be making at least 1500 eu/mo, and a person w/ 5 years should be making at least 2000 eu/mo.

Good luck!

Jan 11, 08 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
Boreal

Thanks jgeis and everybody else. This is very helpful.

Jan 13, 08 9:47 am  · 
 · 
keopi

what are the offices you talk about? I posted this thread but haven't gotten much response. I'm really curious...

Jan 22, 08 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: