Archinect
anchor

ARE THE IMAGES IN THE GALLERY COPYRIGHT

Moses

are the images in the gallery copyright, like can i use them for what ever i want to do with them?

thanks..

Dec 30, 07 9:30 pm

I'm sure that the original owners/creators retain the copyright, just because they're posted on the internet doesn't mean you can do whaever you want with them. If you've got something in mind for a specific image, why don' you email the poster and ask if you can use it.

It would be kind of cool if we could specify the level and kind of copyright protection for gallery images, I'm thinking of the way flickr integrates Creative Commons licenses ...

Dec 30, 07 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

As I understand it, all works created in the US (at least) after 1989 are given copyright protection automatically.

Jan 2, 08 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
SDR
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
Jan 2, 08 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Moses

Well I dont see any copyright signs on or around the images, and I will be crediting the names of the people who submitted the image.

Jan 2, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

The images are copyrighted even if not so identified. Giving credit is a good idea -- the least that one should do. That's what I'd expect in the circumstance.

Jan 2, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: