Archinect
anchor

esentai park of SOM.. almaty kazakhstan

Serkan Ennac
http://www.esentai.com/

Dec 27, 07 11:53 pm

hi serkan, are you involved with the project? i didn't know enka was the builder.

Dec 28, 07 12:42 am  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

hi orhan, yes i`ll be working here for a year..yes enka is the builder, i`m discovering the city and i`ll create a topic for almaty..cause it is as `developing` as dubai..but first must see around what`s in this city, 2 weeks past and construction is so fast..so no time during the day..

Dec 28, 07 12:53 am  · 
 · 

i just e mailed you...

Dec 28, 07 1:39 am  · 
 · 

@ Serkan,

I would be delighted if you start a topic on Almaty..

I have used Almaty as an example of the type of global, quick, skyrise cities of the future many times...

People talk about Dubai...However, the scary thing for me is that it isn't just Dubai, which is being built fast, and crazily.

there is Almaty, Beijing, plus all the other cities in China that will be millions + population, as well as all the othe roil rich countries that are going to be putting up cities following the dubai model. Khartoum, etc....

Dec 28, 07 8:11 am  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

namhenderson, you are completely right. Orhan and me were talking about this and when i have a short break( even to see whole city in two days) i will take some photos and write down about them..here in Almaty things are just like in `Dubai`..except no burger king, no KFC(something makes me live), no American food..but i think it will change

Dec 28, 07 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

I actually was offered a posting with the Peace Corps in Almaty or one of the major new cities in the "Stans".

Unfortunately, circumstances prevented me from accepting.

I hear the food of Kazakhstan and from Central Asian in general is outstanding.

Dec 29, 07 1:49 am  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

my friend from almaty told me that it's mostly 1960s concrete housing blocks and crazy local street market haggling bazaars. i guess he's been hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Dec 29, 07 1:54 am  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

chase ...yes buildings at the town center are as you told..if you search almaty you will see the grid city plan and long planned housings..there are many shopping malls and in fact you can find everything you want( clothing is crazy expensive-also of course you can`t find a s+arck watch of fossil :) ..the local food and especially meat is so bad to me.. i usually eat sushi at the hotel..nite life is good, i like the clubs `Da Freak` and `petroleum`.. there is a place named `medeu` where u can do skating and ski..cool place..the strangest thing is: in the 2million population town there are 20-30 taxis...cause all the cars can stop to your sign and you can go anywhere with 3-4 dollars..that means everyone can be a taxi driver in almaty :) .. life is quite expensive(than istanbul for example)..rent price starts from 400-500 dollar(not houses u can be comfortable inside) and hotels are too expensive. a five star hotel price begins from 400 dollars..

Dec 29, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 
med.

Good project but I hate websites like that.

Dec 29, 07 8:52 am  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

The video on the website wouldnt load for me so I found a utube video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_dhBA8l-0

It gives me goosebumps.

Dec 29, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

add me @ facebook to see some almaty and construction photos ... search `serkan ennac`

Dec 30, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

very naiice, how much?

Dec 30, 07 2:45 am  · 
 · 
Serkan Ennac

huh?

Dec 30, 07 2:58 am  · 
 · 
joe

haha!!! funny movie.

Jan 6, 08 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

i would like a very much to make a romance inside of it.

Jan 11, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

am i offending anyone? apologies.

Jan 11, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: