Archinect
anchor

Need decorative idea!

mikejack

Hey all,
I have a small business and I just opened one more branch few days ago in other city. I want to dress up my office. Please suggest me if you have any idea that can help me out?
Thanks!

Dec 26, 07 6:57 am
John Cline

What type of small business and where is the location?

(this could get fun)

Dec 26, 07 9:33 am  · 
 · 
4arch

mikejack: if you'd like to pay us, we will be happy to help. we generally don't give away free design services around here. why would we want to give away for free what we'd charge you anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars for if you walked into one of our offices?

Dec 26, 07 9:42 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

obliterate me please!

Dec 27, 07 3:57 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you want some free advice? that'll cost you.

Dec 27, 07 4:28 am  · 
 · 
aspect

yes, mikejack, u've came to the right place, we architects are specialized in all kinds of decorative stuff and love to be ur bitch for free!!

Dec 27, 07 5:01 am  · 
 · 
John Cline

twice in a week we've had a spammer hijack a spammer. what are the odds?

Dec 27, 07 8:38 am  · 
 · 
aspect

i always think that naming others as spammers in a thread also consider as form of hijacking.

Dec 27, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I suggest you hang some modern art on the walls before the windows , have the roof painted in natural patterns install useless but neat things.

Emagine a huge picture as what you can see here --- Curtain Art cheap huge portraits by your choice ;

http://fireside.designcommunity.com/topic-10104-240.html

These are also graffiti painted onto curtain canvas ,easy to install very expressive, allready a succes, so why not at yours.

Dec 27, 07 11:49 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

Let this site guide all your design decisions. Also try to incorporate as much wooden "country cute" shit on your walls as is physically possible.

You can never go wrong with burgundy and hunter green.

Don't waste any money, though. Buy lots of candles, but never light them. If the place starts to stink, just get cats...and no litter box. You might want to consider smoking inside, too.

Oh, and whatever you do to the inside, please, PLEASE, PLEASE flank all your windows with shutters that are too small to actually cover the windows.

While your at it, get a contractor to draw that up for you. Licensed designers (ID, Arch, Landscape, etc...) are totally just a waste of money. Make sure you let your wife make all your critical design decisions, too.

Dec 27, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Jah is my Co-pilot

I recommend at least one of these for each desk. They really can get people in the mood to buy!

Dec 27, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
Dec 27, 07 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Seriously mikejack - Do you give your services/products away for free? At the end of the day we need to put food on our tables too.

Dec 27, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

step one - buy Interior Design magazine
step 2 - close eyes
step c - flip pages
step theta - extend index finger
step 2.1.1.1.2 - point index finger in general direction of magazine - preferably the middle of page
step c.2 - touch actual page

and there you have design 4 free.

that's how i do it.

Dec 27, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

-trompe l'oeil

-a portait of ansel adams or adolf loos

Dec 27, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Dec 27, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
simples

what a great introduction mikejack is getting of our profession...i guess i am not the only bitter one here...

mikejack...architects/architecture/archinect is not the best place to look for decorative ways to dress up your office...we usually engage more of the building and space itself, and could not, even if we wanted to, provide good advice w/o specifics...(is your business a funeral home, a bowling alley, a doctor's office, etc.)

i'd suggest going to your local bookstore and paging through a few design magazines (interior design, dwell, etc.) and seeing what you like and what you feel will work for your particular office/business/branch...

an architect should remind you though, that less can be more;

Dec 27, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I'd like to know if mikejack and Adam45 are the same person...same awkward english....spammer playing both sides and failing horribly?

paul: check IP addys, please.

Dec 27, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

You could wall paper your ceiling with old Record Album Covers....It would be an endless conversation piece. You can pick them up real cheap at tag sales. HOWEVER: don't try to use the albums to side your house.

Dec 28, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: