Archinect
anchor

American Architects Working in India

I am a writer, preparing an article about American architects working on design, construction and planning projects in India.

Do you know any projects of interest?

Dec 22, 07 6:50 pm
sharpie.

perkins and will is designing mukesh ambani's residence- Antilia in mumbai

Dec 25, 07 1:08 am  · 
 · 
pourstone

check out studio mumbai, there are several young american architects currently working there.

Dec 26, 07 2:39 am  · 
 · 
techtonix

Hey Aframe,

I am an American Architect currently working in Mumbai. I work with four other Americans at Studio Mumbai Architects. We all went to SCI_Arc together between 2000 and 2006. We were just published in A+U this October, featuring three of our recent projects. We are a design-build firm who currently employ about 15 architects, and about 50 craftsmen from all around India. I would be more then happy to share more about us. my email is; ben [at] studiomumbai [dot] com. Thanks,
Ben

Dec 27, 07 1:25 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

let us hope they are not as overworked as the Indian outsourced labor force: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/12/25/india.outsourcing.ap/index.html

Dec 27, 07 10:06 am  · 
 · 
techtonix

eh, its pretty nice at work, but the train commute to work can be a little frustrating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUPnDNNzDfc

Dec 27, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
Nalina Moses

Thanks to all for your responses. The outsourcing trends, and the work of Studio Mumbai, are great stories.

For this article, we will focus on design firms in the US that are completing projects in India, like Antilia in Mumbai.

Dec 27, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

Aframe - can you let me know when/where this article will be published...? i'd be interested in reading it.

thanks.

Dec 29, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
tempdrive

Todd Williams and Billie Tsien are doing a project in Mumbai, it is in the early stages of construction.

Dec 30, 07 1:03 am  · 
 · 
Nalina Moses

Thanks again for the responses.

This article is still in the proposal stage, so the publication date is unknown. I'll post all the details when this is determined.

Please do let me know if you hear of any other relevant projects.

Jan 5, 08 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: