'nuff said

Dec 18, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
jhooper

ah sheesh...

Dec 18, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
kyll
...these scientists - theyre like orangutangs..

classic.

Dec 18, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven
http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/books/la-bk-lamster23dec23,1,4026785.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

quote from the article:

"Though he does note, apropos of nothing, that the rise of 'absurdism' has 'accompanied a decline in standards of taste in popular music and movies and the prevalence of tattoos and body-piercing ornamentation.'"

yes- blame the kids... that's right.

-to

Jan 3, 08 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Mirin

Severus Krupps!

Jan 4, 08 2:10 am  · 
 · 

i once thought this book might be interesting. thanks to this discussion and the discussion in the book reviews, i now know not to bother.

did he really trot out the old 'what is this generation coming to?' stuff? kid's culture always wins, mr silber.

Jan 4, 08 7:39 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Yes , and these experiments are important but the crit focus the wrong issues --- if you want to be harsh you has to go one step further and ask "why".
Leaks and danger shuld has been detected when the decision was taken and leaks plus structural problems are prone to surface when what you progress, is rather lyrics than architecture, pictures rather than innovation , as innovation has no circumstanses there ,only to provide and that is not innovation but fiddeling.
They shuld have known, they got what the pictures promised and they are clever people -- unless this piece of cleverness has been replaced by Icon hunting and spetacularis gathering.

Jan 4, 08 8:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: