Archinect
anchor

small firm/licensed moonlighter in Portland to collaborate with?

on my way

I'm an unlicensed architect in NY and I'm doing a really cool small commercial project in the Pearl District. I need someone local to work with. I was thinking a small firm that's just starting out, or a licensed moonlighter might be interested... We're just getting underway with schematic design, so it would be great to get someone involved now so s/he is really a part of the whole project.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dec 10, 07 10:15 pm
knock

oxymoron?

Dec 10, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

hmm. haven't you already posted threads for this in
toronto (check)
boston (check)
cambridge (check)
whistler (check)
columbia (check)
south norwalk (check)

since you lived in pdx for 4 years, surely you know someone.
seriously, i didn't even go to UofO but i know like 15 architects in pdx.

btw, none of them would have any interest in this whatsoever.

Dec 10, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
on my way

Holz - I sense some negativity in your post, which baffles me. I have posted threads for all of those locations and have worked with architects in all of those places... What of it?

I can't think of any reason someone would take offense to this kind of inquiry...

I don't know any architects in Portland because I didn't work in architecture after I finished school and none of classmates I keep in touch with live there.

Dec 10, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
funkitecture

are you saying you want a portlander to take liability?
who will stamp?
what are the terms?

Dec 11, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
on my way

Yes - I need an architect licensed in Oregon to stamp the drawings - but more importantly I want to work with someone local on both the design and execution of the project. This is a completely new brand and concept, so there is a lot of design work to be done.

The terms are to be developed depending on who the architect is and the scope of work s/he wants to contribute... I would think it would be a flat fee for taking on the liability and an hourly rate for other services.

Dec 12, 07 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: