Archinect
anchor

Got a laser cutter?

FOG Lite

site

The most amazing scale figure pack, someone please start making these domestically!

Nov 28, 07 11:46 pm
FOG Lite

oops, off da page

Nov 28, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
binary

you need to make bases for them or make sure the tabs actually work at the bottom and dont break off......

how about you get me a decent sized model gig and i'll buy a laser after that and then i'll make them......sweet deal

b

Nov 29, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 
grid

how much do those sell for? what type of plastic is used and how thick is it? looks fun..

Nov 29, 07 6:03 am  · 
 · 
binary

i would think it's an abs plastic.... looks like those are molded...if you see around the areas by the legs that get close to the outer border...u'll see a round notch out.... so i think thats from the molds....

b

Nov 29, 07 6:22 am  · 
 · 
John Cline

laser cutter or cnc... That is the question. I'm thinking CNC.

Nov 29, 07 9:05 am  · 
 · 
manamana

Too small for a CNC. it's a laser cutter and acrylic, most likely. they're in metric.

Nov 29, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

google translate tells me that they are stainless steel. And not laser cut

translated text from their website:

Model Figures

You order the cheaper model figurines at:
Please order the figures at:
Www.modulor.de
Www.modulor.de/shop/oxid.php/sid/77a59558f6437ca3b6ea064c7f5c7048/cl/alist/cnid/TLO/tpl/-/lang/0

The small silhouette pieces of stainless steel are extremely delicate and astonishingly detailed. Even in scale 1:500 can individual figures and their attributes well.
The production processes, a photo-Etching technique has been associated with the semiconductor technology for the manufacture of computer chips, and allows extraordinary further information.
In comparison to other silhouette figures, such as plastic or brass, are the characters and objects from matte finish stainless steel as miniature design objects-stylish, modern, yet timeless.
The figures are a sharp pin, and a predetermined breaking point. So could the einelnen figures simply herausgebrochen. To mount the model stings with a cutter a small hole in which the figure with the pin is.

Draft: Hannes Freising
Execution

they cost 10 euros, so not too cheap

Nov 29, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 
randomized

Cultuurnacht 2004 © Spoek Media

Nov 29, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
mdler

its photo etch...used for model trains a lot

Nov 29, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

this place has photo-etching supplies:

MicroMark

Nov 29, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: