Archinect
anchor

VIDEO DETROIT@00:00:55

FLAK_DTRT

[FLAK] presents:

PARALLAX

--The third installment of Detroit@00:00:55 to be shown at Cranbrook Art Museum.

CALL FOR ENTRIES

--Detroit is a site of parallax, overlapping realities that seem mutually incomprehensible yet continue to exist and thrive. What is your perception of Detroit? How has Detroit altered your perception? Flak is accepting 55 second videos inspired by and about Detroit. It’s architecture, urbanism, and life within, as well as its global influences and reach to the world beyond.

--These videos will be presented in full length compilation to take place at Cranbrook Art Museum Auditorium on Friday, February 22nd, 2008.

--More than one video may be submitted by each entrant.

--videos must be 55 seconds or less in length

--videos must be submitted on CD or DVD

--Directors must ensure that no copyrighted works, including the soundtrack, are included in their videos withough express written permission from the copyright holders.

--mail your entry with an 8.5”x11” sheet which states the title of the video(s), credits, and contact information

--Mail submissions to [FLAK]

c/o Dr. Rochelle Martin
College of Architecture and Design
Lawrence Technological University
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075

DUE

Friday, January 18th, 2008

www.flakdetroit.com

Nov 25, 07 9:58 pm
boxy

dude, stop spamming your crap in here.

Nov 25, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
binary

there was a typo in the first one........ no skillz required.........

b

Nov 25, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

mr. bojangles-

It is to my understanding that archinect is a forum in which people can post events, issues, cultural projects, etc. If you read through the information posted you would see that this is a great opportunity for people to express their ideas/perceptions on a city that is a perfect example of what may be coming to a city near you.

With that said, I have reposted this Call For Entries in the "general discussions" category because it is not really a competitive project and it is important for people to start to discuss issues related to ours.

Also, I fixed the typo.

Nov 25, 07 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
in the news
Nov 25, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
sarah123

FLAK_DTRT

Don't be deterred.

Some of us are interested in this type of posting.

Nov 26, 07 12:50 am  · 
 · 
binary

techno/electro/hip hop/motown/house/funk/soul/fire/water/money/sex/rocknroll/abandoned buildings/factories/jobs leaving/auto industry/steel mills/refinery/salt/bridges/guns/gangs/food/what mile road?/clubs/motor cycle crews/churches/jit/erroll flynn/purple gang/prohabition/import/export/raves/busted parties/DEMF/lowriders/off-roading-regals/strip clubs/etc

b

Nov 26, 07 1:29 am  · 
 · 
erjonsn

I think I see a FLAK Windsor in the near future...

Nov 26, 07 2:33 am  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

Thanks Sarah! We hope so.

Nov 26, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
minimalicious

double whammy!

Nov 26, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

Just a reminder...

Video Submissions for PARALLAX--The third installment of Detroit@00:00:55 to be shown at Cranbrook Art Museum, are due on Friday, January 18th, 2008.

We look forward to seeing your work!

Dec 19, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

here is some insperation

http://www.ito-partners.com/needagoat/

Dec 19, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i've made it to both previous showings, and will probably make it to this next one; i have plenty of images/photographs of Detroit, but no video equipment to do what i'd like to do; who knows, maybe i have a simple idea after all...

i still remember the 54 second red light video, turning green at the last second...very appropriate for detroit...

Dec 19, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

I agree, it was simple (pun intended)...and yet very convincing.

Hopefully we will have enough this year to do it. Tell your friends.

Dec 19, 07 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

To help get the word out, has there been an effort to contact local schools to see if the announcement/call for entries can be attached to regular student email announcements?

Dec 19, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i was in attendance at the red light-green light one as well. i enjoyed the evening very much.

i would participate if i had a video camera or any skills related to video, but alas i have neither. instead i can only support it with my attendance. very much looking forward to it though!

Dec 19, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

"has there been an effort to contact local schools to see if the announcement/call for entries can be attached to regular student email announcements?"

Great question. I'll have to talk to some of the other members of FLAK about that...

Dec 19, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

I copied and pasted the above text and sent it to the powers that be at CAA... not sure if they'll included it in their weekly student announcements but I'll try to follow up and let you know.

Dec 19, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

Thanks Olo Bumbleroot of Fair Downs.

Dec 19, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

Done.

Dec 20, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
simples

FLAK0DTRT or anyone else in the loop...is the 55sec. viewing still on for this 7pm, this friday at cranbrook?!

Feb 20, 08 10:42 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

yes, as far as i know. i plan to be there.

Feb 20, 08 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
simples

jafidler and anyone else who might be interested; i called cranbrook to confirm that the show is on for tonight, 7pm. cash bar at 630pm and i presume afterwards...if i feel alive enough, i will stop by;

Feb 22, 08 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

thanks for updating everyone simples. see you there...kinda.

Feb 22, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: