Archinect
anchor

VIDEO_DETROIT@00:00:55

FLAK_DTRT

[FLAK] presents:

PARALLAX

--The third installment of Detroit@00:00:55 to be shown at Cranbrook Art Museum.

CALL FOR ENTRIES

--Detoit is a site of parallax, overlapping realities that seem mutually incomprehensible yet continue to exist and thrive. What is your perception of Detroit? How has Detroit altered your perception? Flak is accepting 55 second videos inspired by and about Detroit. It’s architecture, urbanism, and life within, as well as its global influences and reach to the world beyond.

--These videos will be presented in full length compilation to take place at Cranbrook Art Museum Auditorium on Friday, February 22nd, 2008.

--More than one video may be submitted by each entrant.

--videos must be 55 seconds or less in length

--videos must be submitted on CD or DVD

--Directors must ensure that no copyrighted works, including the soundtrack, are included in their videos withough express written permission from the copyright holders.

--mail your entry with an 8.5”x11” sheet which states the title of the video(s), credits, and contact information

--Mail submissions to [FLAK]

c/o Dr. Rochelle Martin
College of Architecture and Design
Lawrence Technological University
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075

DUE

Friday, January 18th, 2008

www.flakdetroit.com

Nov 25, 07 5:29 pm
binary

too bad i dont have any video editting skillz..........

b

Nov 25, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

no "skillz" required

we are looking for thoughtful...not necessarily flashy

Nov 25, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

why 55 seconds? that seems rather arbitrary

Nov 26, 07 9:05 am  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

While not being a member of FLAK at the time of the first 55 second videos...I beleive the idea was to get 55, 55 second videos...each video with a 5 second intro would make it an even 1 minute and give an opportunity for many different views as opposed to only a few, keep the viewer interested, and take up about an hour of time.

Good question though, Thanks.

Will we be expecting one from you?

Nov 26, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
minimalicious

double whammy!

Nov 26, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

thank you, i knew their had to be some kind of logic there.

i probably would submit a video but unfortunately my video camera has not been working recently. i guess it's time to buy a new one

Nov 26, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

puddles-

I know you have some strong connections to detroit. You should do it, even if it only consists of some slides and a voiceover. We want to know what's in your head and not how talented a videographer you are.

Are you in?

I'll give you 55 seconds to make a decision...and then...well, you know how it works...

Nov 27, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT
Nov 27, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

excellent point

i'll have to review the brief again and give it some more serious thought...looks promising though. stay tuned...

Nov 28, 07 8:24 am  · 
 · 
bridgetown

flak_dtrt,
I am curious as to why you don't have your website updated? I went to your website to get information and the last news post is from 2006...are you still holding this competition?

Jan 10, 08 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

bridgetown,
The third installment of Detroit@00:00:55 is still a go. So the website thing...uh...ummmm...well lets just say, its not my department. ;)
Sorry about the confusion.

Jan 11, 08 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
FLAK_DTRT

If you have a specific question please feel free to contact me through archinect postings or via email.

Jan 11, 08 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
binary

the rave is still on'.........

Jan 11, 08 10:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: