Archinect
anchor

construction document teamwork

funkitecture

hell is [letting] other people [draw in your CAD files and undo everything you have done, or not use the systems you have setup]

i hate autocad. is archicad better for working with multiple on a project?

Nov 20, 07 8:58 pm
uhhhhh

Eh, slightly better maybe.

Revit is actually pretty good about this (despite their allegiance with the evil empire) . . . multiple people can work on the same central file through individual local files. If i have drawn or modified something, i can pin it down so it doesn't 'accidently' get shifted or deleted. And if i am actively working on a certain part of the model, no one else can touch that part until I am through and relinquish my work to the rest of the group.

Of course that still isn't totally fool-proof. I guess the only way around the whole thing is not working with stupid fucks who work with blatent disregard for accuracy and/or their team mates.

Nov 20, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

who are these "stupid fucks"? i hear far more complaints than i do people owning up to their mistakes. in fact, i've never met anyone that said, "oh yeah, it was me that moved all the lines off by 3/256"." is it possible that the stupid fucks may be us?

Nov 21, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

Uhhh wrote:".....I guess the only way around the whole thing is not working with stupid fucks who work with blatant disregard for accuracy and/or their team mates."
I tried that, and I had to go back to work to pay the bills.

Nov 21, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Paulina

Archicad teamworks when setup and organized efficiently is phenomenal.. we use it and it works really well.. like Revit Archicad uses local drafts that everyone can work on that are computer specific, that way relieving the network congestion and when they are done the program appropriates changes cleanly to the main file...

the only way to get people on the same page is to have common standards and make sure your teammates know what those are

Feb 14, 08 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: