Archinect
anchor

Friendly advice needed about personal professional development...

cmdace18

How about my update to this thread, 7 1/2 years later? I’m still at the same firm, a licensed architect, project manager and senior staff member. I guess persistence pays off :)

And here is my reflection on all of my posts from so long ago. All of that marketing work is invaluable to my career. I am appreciative for the graphics work and seeing the up front business development needed to secure work. At the time, seemed liked my career was in the balance and the time at my firm was worthless. I think it priceless, actually.  Molded me into the professional I am today.

Kinda weird reading my thoughts from so long ago. I’ll update ya’ll in 2025. Cya!

Nov 13, 17 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

thanks for the update and congratulations on your license. 

Do you enjoy CD's as much as you thought you would? or do you prefer the pretty picture task over CD's/production?

Nov 14, 17 12:27 am  · 
 · 
cmdace18

I never thought I would love CD’s, I just knew that I had to learn the technical side of what we do. What I really enjoy is the overall

Nov 14, 17 12:36 am  · 
 · 
cmdace18

management of the project and direct interaction with the client. Every day is a new task, a new learning experience and it jumps from the micro of solving issues to the macro of running a meeting. I’m just thankful I stuck it out, because there is no doubt the years of up front design work have made me a better professional.

Nov 14, 17 12:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: