Archinect
anchor

IDEO

person

Does anyone know anything about IDEO? Work environment, salary, hours, etc?

Thanks

Nov 15, 07 1:59 pm
quizzical
IDEO thread

IDEO article in Business Week

Nov 15, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

When I visited the work environment seemed awesome. It appeared to be a really great company to work for. I don't know specifics about hous or salary but the people we were talking with had families and seemed to live quite comfortably and have enough time to spend with the kids. One of the guys we talked to was trained in architecture and worked in architecture before moving there.

P.S. We visited the Palo Alto and SF offices.

Nov 15, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
e

person, you'll probably have better luck at core77. you might also indicate what office you are asking about. with larger firms like this, the office culture can vary wildly from office to office.

Nov 15, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 

It could also be worth looking at the IDEO feature that was on 60 minutes a while back. Although it may have been slightly propaganda-ish, as pretty much everyone comes away from seeing it with the thought that it would be the most amazing place in the world to work.

Nov 15, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

you also have to specify the office that you want to work with... each is a bit different than the other not to mention which department you are working for. i assume since your here that your interested in the more design oriented departments but you should just take notice that each are different than the other. call them up, they were very willing to talk when I first got interested

Nov 18, 07 12:36 am  · 
 · 

somewhere in the archinect archives is a discussion of a piece in metropolis about their urban planning/branding activities.

Nov 18, 07 7:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: