Archinect
anchor

archioffice project management / office management

funkitecture

does anyone have any experience with archioffice project management / office management software as a tool in managing small projects or small resid office?

i am interested on a private practice professional level, hence me posting this on prof practice rather than software topic

thanks for any input

Nov 14, 07 1:39 am
manamana

no, but I'm curious as well.

I'm also still trying to locate someone who can provide insight on how basecamp works for architecture projects.

Nov 14, 07 9:22 am  · 
 · 

i don't know anything about it, but i was just talking with the principal of a local firm that is thinking about adopting it...

Nov 14, 07 9:57 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Basecamp is basically a private message board that you can configure access rights to and upload/download content. I don't have it, but clients I've worked for use it. Seems ok. Not sure how much more advanced interaction it offers other than that. Another similar site is ehuddle.

Nov 14, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
Chance

If you are a Mac user, ArchiOffice could be a good product for you. I can't get inside information but I think they aren't releasing a Vista compatible product until 3Q 2008 which clues you in to the value they assign to the Windows environment.

The ArchiOffice forum has very little action and does not appear to be monitored by ArchiOffice staff.

They published a manual a year ago and have not upgraded it to include changes made to their program since then. Their manual references Office 2003 products, not Office 2007. This is unfortunate as the world is moving to 2007 where there are more great features and it works very differently than Office 2003.

I would carefully research what they are selling now and how much an upgrade will cost you in the future - when they finally release a Vista compatible product. Right now, their program interfaces to FileMaker Pro. I've heard they are writing their own code and won't be using FileMakerPro when the Vista software releases.

Check pricing, setup, upgrade costs, training, etc. It's not a cheap investment but well worth it if the technology it offers solves your problems.

Feb 9, 08 10:40 am  · 
 · 

Archioffice is great. They actually have one that runs on xp, and it was actually designed to be dual platform.

It is a really good program esp for an office with less that 50 people (that's what it says on the box).

It runs about $700 with about another $100 for upgrades.

I started a thread about archioffice a couple months ago with little response, it might be worth checking it out as well

Feb 9, 08 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: