Archinect
anchor

Starck Rocks LA!

aldorossi

I'm all giddy with excitement:

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2007/11/parking_garage.php#more

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2007/11/starck_stuck_on.php

Don’t you love the fungus covered parking garage thing? It’s so, I don’t know……. green!

I haven't seen drawings for the Canon Drive Project, but I hear PHILLIPPE STARCK! is going to blow his nose into a cocktail napkin and sign it PHILLIPPE STARCK!, whereupon we will all ohhh and ahhh over his genius. The LA Times will have an article on the cover of the Calendar Section entitled "PHILLPE STARCK! Conquers LA", and Paris Hilton will be at the opening with that yappy dog under her arm, and we will all be screaming because we can actually see PHILLIPPE STARCK! get out of his stretch Hummer from our place behind the yellow tape down the block.

I can’t wait! And I hope all of you nasty, bitter Architects who thought that the starchitect phenomenon would harm the profession are now enjoying your piping hot meal of crow. And to think it took Notanarchitect PHILLIPPE STARCK! to do it.

Nov 11, 07 5:46 pm
liberty bell

Gaetano Pesce does this stuff sooo much better than PHILLIPPE STARCK!

Nov 11, 07 9:09 pm  · 
 · 

the French know how to do green on buildings...I'm an architect and I like Starck. But alot of his work is tacky - no matter who you are, it has to be admitted. I fancy/covet his flip flops highly

Nov 12, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Starck and Rashid should fight each other

Nov 12, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 

starck is a natural talent. he makes a lot of architects eat dust and secretly copy him and po puh him. but we know who is who.
that's right.
he created the rock star designer the night he came to his own opening at modern props in marina del rey with real elephants. that was early 80's.
i don't like the starck scene but credit is due to him.

Nov 12, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
aldorossi

How happy I am that there are so many fans of PHILLIPE STARCK!

I made the mistake of reading the newspaper on Sunday, and there were all kinds of sad stories about war and hunger and shortages, and I thought for a brief moment that those of us involved with the built environment should be aware of the impact of what we do...

And then I thought: what would PHILLIPE STARCK do? He would make a happy place where we could press our noses to the window and wish we were rock stars like PHILLIPPE STARCK! Oh how exciting, at least until security comes and tells us to leave the property.

And indeed, you architects can keep your poo pooing to yourselves. If the ivy hanging all over that building dies, PHILLIPPE STARCK! will come back to LA on his elephants and wave his arms and it will all come back to life! YAY!

Nov 12, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

mal do rossi, you got me there! touche! now say PHILLIPPE STARCK! 42 more times as part of your exorcism.

Nov 12, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
oshit

starck put images of black ladies on the backs of chairs, and for that, i'm forever indebted to him.

Nov 12, 07 10:44 pm  · 
 · 

another way to look at the situation;
link /
link /
link /
link
except
link

Nov 13, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet
kaPOW!

BIFF

CRACK!link

WHAM!

SUCK IT!

Frenchy ain't got shit! You gotta pull out the heavy hitters Orhan.

Nov 14, 07 3:16 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

You know what's funny... I spelled Frank's name wrong in that link and it comes out higher than if you spell it right.

Nov 14, 07 3:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: