Archinect
anchor

Internship Advice!!

whistle

Hey Guys
I'm a 3rd year architecture student from Bangalore India. As a part of our curriculum we are required to do an internship in our 7th semester/term. I am looking to work outside of India in a reputed firm.
1)Do suggest some good architects in the US or otherwise.
2)And also, Broadly what skills are required to get a job in one of these firms.
3)Is it difficult to get a work visa for the states? I already have a tourist visa.

Thank you for any help!
Dhruthi

Nov 11, 07 5:39 am
Apurimac

Do you have any idea in which city you would want to work, or what kind of "reputed" firm you would want to work for?

Nov 11, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
whistle

Well I was thinking like NY, LA-ish? And i am mainly looking for a medium sized firm-- not to large or too small. Where i wont be dwarfed by the numbers and will learn a lot.

Nov 12, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
archislave

Steven Holl or Frank

Nov 12, 07 2:42 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

yes. recently work visas have been extremely hard to come by. last year they cut the number down drastically and even people that have been here working for years have been getting screwed. huge debacle as they screwed up and it wasn't even first come first serve. had to be reduced to a lottery.

Nov 12, 07 3:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: