Archinect
anchor

Where is a gallery for showing animations?

cll123

I have a bunch of small architectural animations I have uploaded on youtube but there is no format to show people on archinect. Or is there? Any thoughts. Visit my youtube page and let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cll12345

Oct 29, 07 12:03 am
Manther

They all look good. I especially like the design of the student heart. My only question would be why the lack of color and staged lighting in the majority of the animations. These two things can do so much in an animation to heighten the sense of cinematics found in a design, that it seems a shame leave them behind in favor of white occlusion renders. And sound of some kind with an animation is critical as it helps the viewer along through the experience of what you are showing.
I would say the most succesful is the one with the solar panels that change color because it hits on what I feel to be the most interesting part of architectural animations which is the good use of light, color, and sound.

Other than that, they are good. Your camera work is nice. It does a good job of explaining the spaces and like I said, really dig the student heart design.

If you haven't already check out some of the work of Joseph Kazinsky. His stuff he did when he was with KD Lab was perhaps more architecture based than what he is doing right now, but he is great at telling a story through the cinematics of digital animaiton.

Oct 29, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
cll123

Thanks for your input it is very thoughtful. I use the ambient occlusion because it highlights the form and the gradient talks about the spacial experience and relations of surfaces and less about a specific time or lighting condition. Another reason I use the ambient is because we have used the videos to present to clients and contractors in the design phases and we don't want to call out materials etc . . . yet. During certain projects like the moire screen or the gel panels light and color are really important to understand the projects so I invested the extra time for lighting and materials

Oct 29, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

As an "outsider" I kind of like the colorless quality -- I like being reminded that this is not (yet) a built reality. I don't necessarily want to be sucked completely into a photorealistic sales job. But of course the designer's explanation trumps any such rambling.

Oct 29, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

some how, i can't get yours to go "full screen"

Oct 31, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
cll123

I don't know why that is. It hasn't been a problem for me or some of my studio mates.

Oct 31, 07 8:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: