Archinect
anchor

So where can I find a good contract for a freelancer?

cyberpunk10

So I'm going to be helping a friend's parents remodel their home. It's going to be a somewhat involved project and I intend to do moonlight while I work at my firm. I've sent them a proposal for the first three phases of the project (pre-design development, DD & CD) with caps not to exceed a certain amount. They've orally agreed to it and are eager to start, but I obviously want something in writting before I start.

Where can I find a decent contract for a project of this scope and with my experience? The project budget is about $100k and I feel comfortable taking on a project of this size as a side job. Once I have a good signed contract I'll be much more at ease that if I come up with a hokey contract on my own.

Oh, and what should I charge as retainer?

TIA!

Oct 26, 07 11:42 pm
archie

you could still use the aia contracts for a free lance project. Are you licensed? I have a short contract I have written for small residential jobs I can send you in word if you like. It's got all the major clauses, limitation of liability, etc without being too indimidating. I have used it on over 100 projects, no problems, even lawyers have signed it.

Oct 27, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 
cyberpunk10

Archie, that would be awesome! No, I'm not licensed yet (three down, six to go...sigh). Soemthing like that would be ideal for what I would be doing.

Oct 27, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
archie

ok, I need your email address, you will have to edit out all references to 'architect' and substitute 'designer' or what ever. You will want to make sure you change all references to architectural services etc.

Oct 27, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
cyberpunk10

Okay. My email address is aquilles10_at_gmail.com.

Thanks a million archie!

Oct 27, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: