Archinect
anchor

Architect Jobs in Bucharest, Romania

Cali_Clara

hello fellow Archinecters,

I will be in Bucharest, Romania for 6 months in 2008 (while my boyfriend is filming a movie). Are there any Romanians out there who would share the realities of helping out in an Architectural practice in Bucharest or know of any international firms with offices there? Or anyone else share any tips on working in Romania in general. (I have EU & USA Residencies, and though I can speak 3 languages - I don't speak Romanian).

Much obliged,

Oct 26, 07 1:43 pm
emilyahn
http://www.raduarchitects.com

new york and bucharest

Oct 26, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Cali_Clara

Thanks so much Emily & Meta, for your prompt responses. They are both fairly interesting firms. Romania is a tough place to research.

Metamechanic - did you interview in Bucharest? I can learn some Romanian before I go - but do you think it will be a big problem if I only know the basics? (I speak french so I find I can understand some Romanian when it see it written).
Also, is the architectural process/standards similar the the US?

Emily, are you working w/ Radu?

Oct 26, 07 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

email me, I might be able to help

Oct 26, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

angelina, i thought i told you never to post here.

Oct 26, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i miss oana :(

Oct 26, 07 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
crimso

There are plenty of talented people over there that work for much less, if you don't care about the pay you might find something, still for 6 months, they would rather hire a student...If you just want to work there so you don't get bored and don't care about the money, I might be able to talk to a friend of mine that has his own office in Bucharest: www.trilitica.com the website is not being updated so what you see there is old stuff, he is really busy.

Nov 18, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: