Archinect
anchor

Plotter paper trays

4arch

I've used lots of plotters in my life and I have yet to encounter even one where the tray or basket for finished sheets manages to catch them neatly and in the same order they were plotted. It's annoying in the extreme. Has anyone found a way to cope with this very serious problem?

Oct 26, 07 8:24 am
mkokimoto

This is how we did it at my old work. Just to keep the paper from getting sucked back into the printer. It was a small office and lunch was the 5 dollar pizza from Little Caesars. We'd split the pizza three ways. Life was simple.

Yummm... Five dollar pizza.....

On the plus side, if we needed bluelines, we could rub the pizza on the blueprints.

Oct 28, 07 5:04 am  · 
 · 
PodZilla

if you're plotting individual PDF's, try using acrobat pro to combine them into a single binder. I used a high-speed laser plotter at work over the summer and, unless someone else somewhere in the office was printing at the same time, all the sheets came out in the exactly correct order in the tray every time.

Oct 28, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: