Archinect
anchor

Good News

Just thought I'd through this out there....the guys at AIA central have decided that you no longer have to wait until your IDP is complete to start taking the exams, you can do them simultaneously.

Oct 24, 07 4:58 pm
mightylittle™

or...i am anjarian, formerly of the PRC, or people's republic of congo, and as next of kin i am informing you of untold riches that have not been claimed.

Oct 24, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini
http://www.ncarb.org/idp/idpfaq.html#ques7
Oct 24, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

I don't see how this means jack until each of the state boards approve it.

I was afraid this was going to be a thread about someone having saved money on their car insurance.

Oct 24, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

that would have been more useful.

Oct 24, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

beware of thuggishly bureaucratic professional associations bearing gifts..

Oct 24, 07 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

also this means even a caveman can do IDP

Oct 24, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

even a caveman CAN do IDP.

Oct 24, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i have a friend who is a caveman who was trying to do IDP but he could not do it because every time he tried to do architecting type activities he would not be able to do them cause he just couldnt then he tried a new job as a truck driver cause he liked driving trucks i thought it suited him better anyway and now recommend that job to all my caveman friends of which i have none

Oct 24, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

that sucks that he couldn't do architecting type things because he couldn't. bummer.

Oct 24, 07 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i had much pitty for him... we even through a party to encourage him but alas it was all for not but it was ok because by that time he had fallen in love with his truck and driving his truck

Oct 24, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

cool story pat.

Oct 24, 07 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

thanks steve

Oct 24, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands
big fat bean
Oct 24, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
emaze

"I heard there are jurisdictions that allow Emerging Professionals to take the ARE before the completion of IDP. When can I start taking the ARE?
There are currently 9 jurisdictions which allow you to take the ARE prior to the completion of IDP. They are: Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Kentucky, Puerto Rico, Texas, Vermont, and Wisconsin. The individual laws and requirements for eligibility to sit for the ARE prior to completion of IDP vary greatly. You must contact your Board of Architecture to understand their specific requirements."

--find your state board here..">http://www.ncarb.org/stateboards/index.html]here..[/url]

Oct 24, 07 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
emaze
here

(btw, AIA not = NCARB)

Oct 24, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: