Archinect
anchor

RIBA vs. AIA

johnnyclark

I'm wondering if you guys could give me a hand.

I'm looking for something similar to the AIA Manual of Practice that outlines the different phases in London, the deliverables expected at each milestone, and perhaps something outlining the RIBA specification sections.

I've been searching for a while now and keep getting spun around and lost in what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Oct 24, 07 9:59 am
quizzical

by "Manual of Practice" are you referring to the Architect's Handbook of Professional Practice, published by AIA?

Oct 24, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
postal

ah man, i thought this was going to be a battle to the death...

Oct 24, 07 10:36 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

You are looking for the RIBA Stages of Work, check the right hand column in the table on this page

Oct 24, 07 10:51 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Somewhy that information is hard to find on the web. There is a useful school-book-style publication from RIBA called Contemporary Property Development that I found quite useful. It details the actions of all consultants in the process at each RIBA stage

Oct 24, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
johnnyclark

Thanks psyarch, those are the categories that I am looking for. Do you know of any other publications by RIBA besides Contemporary Property Development that would outline professional expectations for deliverables.

Yeah, I am referring to something comparable to Architect's Handbook of Professional Practice.

Thanks.

Oct 24, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: