Archinect
anchor

Sign Architecture

weAREtheSTONES

I have been designing a portal for a new subway station and have been battling a little bit with the elevator signage. I want to incorporate the sign into the design of the elevator

What I am looking for from this board is a sign that I've seen a million times before but I can't remember where or by who i've seen it. I remember the sign i was looking for being similar to that of the renzo piano building in Rotterdam

the way that 3 or 4 shapes kind of shift and slide off of one another. Could anyone throw me a bone here? Maybe even something you think is close to what I am "trying" to talk about
Thanks!

Oct 23, 07 6:09 pm
weAREtheSTONES

oh oh oh - I think I remeber the building now....maybe its a building in times square. lemme check

Oct 23, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

By "sign" do you mean that the building is recognizable enough to serve as its own sign ?

Oct 23, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

found it but - its not exactly what I had originally imagined

SDR - no not really - just how the sign was attached to the building

Oct 23, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

3 times square - reuters building

Oct 23, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

its in "big and green"

Oct 23, 07 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
BluLiteSpcl6321

SDR I was thinking the same thing, but all that came to mind to me were images of the duck, and the old Best store buildings.

Oct 24, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I guess I was thinking that the building would become its own sign, once familiar to the public -- like the Art Nouveau Metro street architecture in Paris. . .

Oct 24, 07 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: