Archinect
anchor

pickin up IDP credit workin in Europe...

so i heard that the IDP requirements are changing soon somehow, and I'm currently taking a year off grad school to work here in switzerland...

so i wonder, how can i count my experience here towards IDP cred. anyone have experience in this area?

Oct 12, 07 6:50 pm
holz.box

you could get up to 235 hours overseas before. that's changing?

where ya working?

Oct 12, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 

235 hours? that's it?!?

i'm at h&dm for the next year... i must admit i haven't read up on the IDP requirements (boring)... but is that really it?

Oct 12, 07 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, but that takes about a year.

Oct 12, 07 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

maybe i'm misinterpreting what an "hour" is.... because 235 hours sounds like about 5 weeks to me.... what counts as an IDP hour, and does anyone have info on the recent changes/new requirements?

Oct 12, 07 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

maybe it's credits.

1 credit = 8 hours (roughly)

no clue on the new stuff, though.

say hey to stefan for me.

Oct 12, 07 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

yeah, its 235 credits.

Oct 14, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

go ahead and read up on the ncarb website... it takes all of 5 minutes to understand this stuff duder. the rules and definitions are very clear.

Oct 14, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

one t.u. is 8 hours, so thazz not so out of line.

Oct 14, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Make sure you only put 235 credits exactly on your IDP experience sheet, when you have it signed by your foreign employer. I had mine sent back because I had too many foreign credits.

It's a pain getting that form re-signed when you're on a different continent.

Oct 15, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
EdgewoodAnimal

If your working on an American project you can get more than 235 credits through your local U.S. architect - if they are willing to sign off for you.

Oct 15, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: