Archinect
anchor

LEED-NC Multiple Building Campus Setting

laurilan

so, we currently have a project that we're trying to decide whether to do the multiple building certification or just do it by individual buildings.

the problem is, not all of the buildings are the same type of function (like the way university campus buildings are). we're going to have some where it's typical office/warehouse space and others that have a lot of redundant power systems (much like any data center). this is a regional utilities center - so stability in emergencies is key.

i know that there are some data centers that have been leed certified, but i haven't been able to find out too much information on them. so if anyone knows anything about that too.

i'm in the process of researching it, but i thought i'd throw the question out here to see if anyone has had any experience with any of this.

Oct 12, 07 9:18 am
treekiller

check out the LEED-NC multiple building guide for the criteria- the main issue is if there is shared infrastructure and site facilities that provide better calculations as a campus then individual buildings.... you can always exclude the server farm, but if you install high performance systems, you'll qualify for the same number of leed points, just not in energy use... good luck (no, i never did one of these).
tk, leed-ap

Oct 12, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: