Archinect
anchor

Downloading software - Legally.

so i was thinking of buying some software, legally, and while trying to check prices i came across this site

http://www.trustnetmarketing.com/

selling OEM software at very low prices, has anyone heard about this, is it legit?
viz2008 sells for $150 instead of $2000
seems too good to be true.

Oct 12, 07 8:21 am

i will answer myself, it might work.
but it is technically still illegal as OEM software is not allowed to be sold as stand-alone products

Oct 12, 07 8:35 am  · 
 · 

also, programs like PS or Max are never bundled anyway. conclusion -scam.
the website also mentioned that programs cannot be registered - kind of gives the games away a bit.

Oct 12, 07 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Yeah, anything with "trust" in the name...i don't know. Seems like their compensating for something?

Oct 12, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 

yeah, thats a pretty dodgy name for a company, and in my googl'ing i found the same site but under various other URLS.

Oct 12, 07 8:51 am  · 
 · 
manamana

They're selling cracked software. same thing you'd get if you got it off a torrent site.

Oct 12, 07 9:34 am  · 
 · 
outed

p2an -

what they are selling is a cracked copy that does not have a valid serial number. so, while it may work (emphasis on may), you're totally s.o.l. if it doesn't and you can't make a subsequent upgrade copy work (because they'll be no valid serial number to work against).

so, if you absolutely need something, can't find it elsewhere (wink wink), could care less about upgrading or tech support, and are willing to roll the dice a bit, go for it. if not, buy a student version...

Oct 12, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

it's the US corporations charity foundation, helping poor people get their hands on their precious softwares at a bargain price...

don't be fooled, not legit.

Oct 17, 07 5:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: