Archinect
anchor

dreaming architecture?

threeewizmen

just a short little thought...

i took a little power nap the other day (a rare luxery), and i only remember my dreams when i only sleep for an hour or two, so its usually kind of interesting... but anyway. i had a dream of modeling my building (sounds weird but hear me out). i had a surprisingly good memory of it, i jumped out of bed and everything seemed to be solved... anyone else have this happen? or what if there was/is/could be a way to model in a lucid state. it would be interesting... i wish i could "record" my dreams in a more physical way, any thoughts...

...and i always forget to save during my dreams...

Oct 8, 07 2:16 pm
Arzo

most of my ideas come to me while i am on the shitter

Oct 8, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
threeewizmen

thats a valid location as well, but toilet paper isn't an ideal sketching surface...

Oct 8, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
aaandrew

i would guess that at least half of my dreams are in architectural terms. sometimes they are about something else, but instead of ideas/objects being personified, they get architecturalized. it's kind of sad...but maybe there is some creative potential in it.

Oct 8, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
n_
Architectural dreams

thread.

Oct 8, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
deliver

i dreamt of zumthors cathedral 4 years before it was concieved > http://www.architectenwerk.nl/architectenpraktijk02/bruder-klaus

In the dream i saw it from a distance field, swarmed by crows. my view cut to a close-up of the holes which lead to long tubes into the volume, in which rats scurried back and forth sucking air before retreating. As they appeared at the openings the crows would drag them out with their claws. back in the field i saw the building open and large dogs hurled out towards me...

i dont think it means anything really...

Anyway, i sketched this in a book i lost on the way to berlin, mmm pete

Oct 8, 07 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
deliver
shaner

i sometimes wake up with solutions to problems we had the day before and then go back to sleep.. when i awake in the morning i cant remember what it was and get very upset i didn't write it down! i need to keep a pad of paper next to my bed!

Oct 8, 07 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
Manther

Model on mushrooms.

Oct 9, 07 12:06 am  · 
 · 
philipb

Had a lucid dream where i made architecture using sketchup recently. All done with white squares and push/pull, but done like instantenously.

Think i modelled fallingwater in like 20sec or something. crazyness really

Oct 9, 07 2:03 am  · 
 · 
binary

only mind knows virtual blunders are to attack the soft visions of confusion

Oct 9, 07 2:43 am  · 
 · 
raj

i have dreams about my work all the time. sadly, it is usually a "mistake" i find in my sleep...then i wake up and RARELY were my dreams wrong! that messes with me everytime!!

Oct 9, 07 8:07 am  · 
 · 
ckp

I often dream in autocad, which is mildly annoying but at least while I'm sleeping I feeling like I'm taking care of business.
The trouble comes when my alarm goes off and I try to save my work, asleep/awake I flail in bed, searching for a zip drive I can insert in my head.

Oct 9, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
postal

you should check out radiolab's presentation about dreams... very interesting and informative...

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2007/05/25

Oct 9, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: