grumble

Where can one study lighting design in the USA? I know of
1. Parsons
2. Penn state university
3. RPI - LRC
any others besides those?

Oct 6, 07 3:32 am
WonderK

Ha. USC. Marc Schiler is the director of the Masters of Building Science program. Many of the students go on to lighting design careers.

....And yes, it is my school, but I speak the truth! I'm just saying!

Oct 6, 07 5:31 am  · 
 · 
facader

MIT...I heard they have a fairly new lighting design program. It is very small though.

Oct 6, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
meowmeow

RPI is supposed to have the best facility in the country...I go there, so I am probably biased, but I haven't heard anything bad about the program.

Oct 7, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
grumble

maybe i shud be more specific, i am interested in Architectural lighting design, most unis i have come across offer courses in theatre lighting(MFA).
the one at RPI would be an example of the kind of studying i am looking at. where else can i find a course similar to that? i mentioned the other 2 unis that do, any others?

Oct 8, 07 4:49 am  · 
 · 
grumble

other unis i know outside the USA, hoschule wismar, germany and KTH Sweden, they call it Masters in Architectural Lighting Design. unf, cant go to either of those, so looking at the US.

Oct 8, 07 4:51 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

The Bartlett has one, why not come to London?

Oct 8, 07 8:17 am  · 
 · 
grumble

ah yes, i know of bartlett, sad i have my limitations, US is my only option.

Oct 8, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: