Oct 1, 07 11:12 pm

Yeah!,
I am excited.
"Haha the record companies are fucked"

The new world order is here.

Oct 1, 07 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I ordered mine earlier today but have yet to receive an email confirmation.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Todays' Radiohead segment on NPR.

Oct 1, 07 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i'm loving it.

i can't wait for their support tour!!!

Oct 1, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Yeah - absolutley brilliant. I have also pre-ordered. Cant wait.

Oct 1, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

whoa..I might actually NOT illegally download...weird.

Oct 1, 07 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I think the site is having trouble. very frustrating. also $80 is quite steep.

I think I ordered one, but it told me I got the security code wrong and it sent me back to try again. I punch in the new one and it gives me a confirmation, but lists all my delivery info as blank. Don't know whether I should order another and try to cancel the first, or what.

Oct 2, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

what? 80$>?

Oct 2, 07 12:36 am  · 
 · 
n_

40 pounds = 80 dollars

Oct 2, 07 8:31 am  · 
 · 
philipb

(for the deluxe edition)

Oct 2, 07 8:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

bands dont make any caish off their records anywayz. they make money off of touring and merchandising. actually a famous band may make more money going the radiohead route due to the fact that all the meddlemen are cut out of the picture.

Oct 2, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

ive had some problems with the confirmation stuff as well..
im sure it will get sorted out soon

also, the album will be released as a regular cd soon after the new year... so those of you who think the 80$ tag is too much can wait.

i personally wont have a problem spending 80$ for the double album, vinyl and stanley donwood work as well. i think its a pretty interesting thing to try and make radiohead cross medium... and with thom yorke, johnny greenwood, nigel goodrich and stanley donwood all involved, they have a huge variety of influence to represent

Oct 2, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
stevegambini

has anyone been able to order it? every time i try (with a number of different credit cards) it doesn't work at the end.....

Oct 2, 07 9:59 am  · 
 · 
philipb

news of this has spread far across the net, so im not suprised their website is having issues. try again closer to the release date perhaps

also an interesting point by vado

Oct 2, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i heard it on npr's marketplace.

Oct 2, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 
manamana

A number of years ago steve albini had an article where he claimed bands only saw about 4% of CD sales, and made about 70% of tour profits (which I think included merch sales)

Oct 2, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i just ordered and received the confirmation email immediately...

Oct 2, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i ordered it and they're paying me! apparentely they read archinect.

Oct 2, 07 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

there was an article a few weeks back in the NYTimes magazine about Rick Rubin trying to save the record industry

Oct 2, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

Does anyone still pay full retail for a CD? It's been years since I bought a brand spankin new CD. I've purchased quite a few used CDs the last couple years, but most of my new music I buy thru iTunes and I never buy the whole album...

Oct 2, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i still buy albums

Oct 2, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i buy nothing but albums... i bought itunes stuff once and i feel like buying music you cant share with your friends completely ruins the purpose.

i buy albums and i actually still carry around my A list, which consists of my favorite 100 albums... they are with me always. You never know when it might come up... your friend might say "oh have you seen that new ipod commercial? i really like that song..." then i can say, "oh yeah leslie feist? well not only is she my dream woman, she sings with broken social scene... you might like them, listen to this album... in particular Lovers Spit (Redux)"

and a soul is saved

and im serious

Lovers Spit (redux) - Broken Social Scene/Leslie Feist

Oct 2, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

how is a soul saved?

Oct 2, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

lletdown

I love that song

Oct 2, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i took a leak next to feist's drummer.

Oct 2, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I still buy albums. mostly used. But I haven't listened to an album on disc at home in 4-5 years....rip everything to FLAC for foobar2k and then transcode for my portable player.

and hands off Leslie. She's mine once she dumps that screw up (1:14) kevin Drew.

Oct 2, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

steve of course im being a tad bit facetious

Oct 2, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

haha that screw up kevin drew... damn him! he is worthless.... well, that is unless you count having a hand in many of my favorite albums 'worth'... but im not even sure about that

Oct 2, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

this could actually work. i'm not a huge radiohead fan, but i'm tempted to buy the download just because of the way it's being proffered.

Oct 3, 07 7:49 am  · 
 · 
manamana

well, they charged my credit card on the 2nd...but still no email. sending an email hoping I just didn't get taken for $80 by a borked website.

Oct 5, 07 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I have the same problem, manamana. They charged my credit card on the 2nd, but I have yet to receive an email confirmation. I emailed them to ask for my confirmation number a few minutes ago. Their email is:

[email protected]

Oct 6, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

word.
i still buy a lot of albums though, as most of the electronic music i listen to sounds like trash when downloaded.

Oct 7, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

yeah, I've been emailing back and forth with someone there...they claim to have no record of the order. Now they want me to email them my credit card number (yeah right)

highly disappointing.

Oct 7, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
stevegambini

...tomorrow.......

Oct 8, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

Justin got this:

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK
TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD:

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM
FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM;
IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED
PRIOR.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

PC: http://www.winzip.com/
MAC: http://www.maczipit.com/

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE, PLEASE
CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT
[email protected]

Oct 9, 07 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yay i got it too - thought they took the money and ran

Oct 9, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
outed

anyone a little bummed about the 160kbps rate? i'd really expect 192kbps at a minimum, flac lossless ideally. little nervous how it might sound if you rip a cd and put it in a 'good' system....

Oct 9, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

everything should be flac these days

mp3 to cd, ugh

Oct 9, 07 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

160 is diappointing, but then again, the servers are probably still going to struggle to keep up. also it doesn't say VBR or CBR. if it's CBR I'll probably just wait until good quality gets leaked or I get my discbox, whichever comes first. VBR will be ok for the DAP but it'll have to stay off the home system.

Oct 9, 07 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

You think I could transfer this to my cassette tapes?

Oct 9, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
dia

got mine...

Oct 10, 07 3:20 am  · 
 · 

Listening right now, pretty sweet to get a new CD out of thin air.

Oct 10, 07 4:00 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

yay. i am downloading it right now. i'll be listening to it all day at work.

Oct 10, 07 7:44 am  · 
 · 
n_

Already on my iPod.

I love these boys.

Oct 10, 07 8:31 am  · 
 · 
n_

NPR is all about the release of this album. This is another news segment from this morning.

Oct 10, 07 9:13 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

n____ burn me a copy and send it to me! that is afterall what they want to happen.

Oct 10, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 

I ordered mine last night,
I just recieved the activation link, but will have to wait till i am at home not work to download...
Uggh!
Can't wait

Oct 10, 07 9:29 am  · 
 · 
n_

Do you really want a copy? Just confirm and I'll send it over the weekend. Afterall, Thom Yorke approves.

I won't have a fancy cover this time. Printing Press = No More.

Oct 10, 07 9:38 am  · 
 · 
manamana

man they fucked up videotape - live was way better. enjoyed it other than that. not life changing but pretty darn good.

Oct 10, 07 9:53 am  · 
 · 
outed

much more melodic than the last couple of cd's. thom's feeling a little sentimental these days...

Oct 10, 07 10:08 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

yeah the melodies are much more straight forward. the vocals are much more straight forward... lyrics are much more straight forward...
its pretty straight forward.
but its radiohead... which means its gospel

really like what they did with 'all i need'
and ive always loved Nude... this is a super re-write

Oct 10, 07 10:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: