Archinect
anchor

european traffic location w/ no lights??

myriam

Hi, I'm sorry to waste a post with this, but I am trying to track down the post that was about a european city that had installed a test run of a traffic system where there were no signs, no lights, no nothing, and the idea was that everyone would be safer because they would have to be more alert. I believe this experiment was in Belgium, or perhaps Holland.

I can't for the life of me find this post, and have been searching the posts using every combination of terms I can think of. Can anyone help me track it down??

Thank you!

p.s. Note to Archinect: please improve the search function! It never seems to return the result you want, even when you know exactly what you are looking for. Oh yeah, and thanks for making a fantastic forum!!

Sep 27, 07 12:05 pm
Archinect

myriam - the search function works great, but doesn't search comments... the next version of Archinect (currently under development) will solve this problem. an alternative to using the archinect search function is to use google to search archinect.

for example, try typing this in google : search term site:archinect.com/forum/

Sep 27, 07 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

myriam, is this the one?

previous discussion

Sep 27, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 

Myriam Here you go
City is Drachten, although i ahve recently heard that more than one city is doing this now.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.12/traffic.html

Sep 27, 07 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

and not just Europe either

Sep 27, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Thanks guys, and thanks Archinect, that's it!

I didn't know about the google-search function--that's a great idea and I will use it next time. I wasn't being sarcastic about being thankful for this site btw. Just realized it could have been read that way!

Sep 27, 07 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

namhenderson, you completely rock.

And holz.box, good on you for remembering the fun word "woonerfs"!!

Sep 27, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

also they are giving everyone a cell phone to talk on and a dog for their lap while they drive.

Sep 27, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

@ libertybell,
Why thank you.....!

Sep 27, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I love saying woonerfs and sharrows!

Sep 27, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: