Archinect
anchor

Architecture Screensavers

Medit

Any website with interesting architecture screensavers?
I found this site that has one with pics of old Modern masterpieces (and minor ones) - http://www.open2.net/modernity/ - but's it's quite boring..

Sep 20, 07 6:26 pm
stevegambini

you know what else is boring? always seeing architecture, everywhere you look.

Sep 20, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

well, unless you live on top of a mountain or under a rock all you will see around IS architecture -wether you find it boring or not- don't you think?

Sep 21, 07 3:50 am  · 
 · 

you overestimate the american built landscape, medit. did you miss my comment about the view from my office on that thread? wastewater treatment plant, self storage units, etc?

Sep 21, 07 7:02 am  · 
 · 

what do you want the screensaver to do?

the one you posted appears to be a slideshow type. most windows computers will allow you to set up a slideshow screensaver with your own pix. i just have my whole library of contemporary architecture shots change randomly. or, depending on my mood and how much i'm working, pictures of my girls...

Sep 21, 07 7:05 am  · 
 · 
Medit

well, Steven that's also architecture or built landscape no? maybe not as impressive or interesting as working in front of the Johnson Wax but...

one of the most frequent pictures from Barcelona by tourists are those taken from up the Montjuic hill showing the port's storage units.. there are tons of colorful boxes piled at the industrial pier... those are nice and not specifically architectural..

this is not the best one, but there some in Flickr quite nice..

I know I can do a slideshow myself but I was wondering if someone knew of any site offering nice-looking ones, with beautiful pics and nice transitions, etc..

Sep 21, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
ellivated

this will require you to make your own jpeg-show (because really who uses slides anymore) but the images change daily.

if you look on the globe and mail (canadian news paper) website: at the top right hand corner in the 'multimedia' section there is a link to 10-20 photos from around the world taken in the last 24 hours.

the images are sometimes grotesque, sometimes beautiful (baby animals, riots, moments in sport, great images of people using public spaces) and usually give a good cross section of the goings-on in the world. all the photos are captioned (place and event) and they change daily.

[globeandmail.com=http://www.globeandmail.com]globeandmail[/url]

Sep 21, 07 11:11 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

if you're just looking for great architectural images that you can download for use in your screensaver, you might want to check out the gallery section of photo.net - there's a search function that leads to a huge, and diverse, collection of architectural images posted by professional and advanced-amateur photographers.

Sep 22, 07 7:40 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

How about Slickr?. If I recall correctly, you tell it what Flickr tags to look for, and every time Slickr starts up as your screen saver, it downloads a number of pictures from Flickr and creates a slideshow on your screen.

Might not be exactly what your looking for, but a good little app for Flickr.

Sep 22, 07 9:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: