Archinect
anchor

Teakwood for house buliding...

teakionaire

Teakwood is on of the best world nature has provided for mankind. it is used in ship building and other extreme functionality. The prices are not too high. Thanks to the plantations started by Dutch in 18th century in Java. Now, this precious wood is even used for teak garden furniture. Now there are other alternatives available which manufacturers should use to make sure that this wood is also available. That is synthetic wicker. Even though, this doesn't provide the same charm to ones outdoor setting but it does provide the same function-low maintenance.

When next time you want to purchase teakwood furniture for your garden, please do consider wicker furniture.

Sep 19, 07 5:24 am
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Is it sustainable to ship exotic woods thousands of kilometres just to make garden furniture?

Sep 19, 07 6:51 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

pay for your advertising...

Sep 19, 07 7:27 am  · 
 · 

i used a very small amount of ipe in my house project, limiting the amount due to cost and to keep down my use of potentially unsustainable imported lumber and using it very strategically to get the most out of it. and it's beautiful.

Sep 19, 07 7:34 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i strongly believe that teak should not be used. aside from deforestation of the rainforests, one of the world's largest carbon sinks, the resources wasted to import and export wood are immense. i find the lumber liquidators ads for "brazilian blah blah blah" very scary.

does anyone know a way to certify locally harvested wood?

Sep 19, 07 7:55 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

synthetic wicker?????

pay for your adverts!

Sep 19, 07 10:08 am  · 
 · 
garpike

These posed is weigh cull!

Sep 19, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: