Archinect
anchor

Trevor Paglin: Blank Spots on a Map

Last night Trevor Paglin (author of Torture Taxis) gave a great talk at UC Berkeley on his research into the geography of 'Black World'. There's an entire body of work to be collected in anthropology, sociology, engineering, and even architecture on this hidden world that exists within our very own borders.

One thing he has been doing is collecting emblems of the secret mission clubs:

who believe it or not have a sort of 'alumni' meeting, which Paglin has slipped into and chummed up with the old timer black bombers. He's even become a sort of astronomer as he peers into the black world, though through his telescopic lenses the world only appears hazy, mirage-like, and inviting of more questions.

Sep 18, 07 10:50 am
jdadour

only at berkeley,i cant believe i spent 4 years of my life there.

Sep 18, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

that looks like a very interesting book.

Sep 18, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

sorry, the one from his site (which is actually paglen dot com, with an E not an I.)

the book is called "I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have To Be Destroyed By Me" and is a collection of patches, and history behind them, from clandestine military operations from the pentagon. looks scary.

Sep 18, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

[link=http://www.paglen.com]doh![/link]

Sep 18, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
dohX2!
Sep 18, 07 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i wish i could have seen that talk, but i was too busy smoking pot and watching surfing videos. what was that you were saying?

Sep 18, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki
Previously featured
Sep 18, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Lest this all be dismissed as so much bong water, it should be noted that Paglen was among the individuals who pieced together the whole mechanism of the CIA rendition program. For those that are interested, I think he has some space in the new show at LACE that opens this week.

Sep 19, 07 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: