Archinect
anchor

architect not deserving of the pritzker??

Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

She's been highly influential, though, particularly through her unbuilt work. The Rosenthal Centre is a good building I think, although I can't speak to its state of repair. The Innsbrück skijump is pretty cool as well.

Sep 18, 07 3:45 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Gentlemen please.

Do not blame Zaha for the general foults of all architects.

Sep 18, 07 4:42 am  · 
 · 
baldo

dlb- thank you.

am i perpetuating that much cliche? sorry to have insulted your SOPHISTICATED & DISCRIMINATING TASTE in architecture..
i understand your "informed" original thinking.

im not that HEROIC or "original" with my ideas but who gives a fuck?
you do not need to be "original"...you need to be critical.
dont get me wrong i have my own ideas..
anyway, ideas in architecture nowadays are by products of something that is not completely original..nothing comes from nothing. ideas evolve.

im not stupid enough to fall to the "heroic architect" stereotype,
who uses word gymnastics and flash to get the approval of the elite. and give himself gratification through superficial means
this is what i think is stupid. i think the question of ones design motive enters here.

i wish to articulate something very important that exposes the volatile nature of making architecture as a spectacle.

what matters is i got your attention on something very trivial to you but is something very significant and valid to many.

Sep 18, 07 11:03 am  · 
 · 
baldo

yeah i guess corb is a liarrr...

i really commend the pritzker for giving awards to unexpected recipients who have really significant works, like the mentioned above, murcutt etc.

Sep 18, 07 11:11 am  · 
 · 
baldo

i have forgiven the starchitects and the gullible intellectual theoretical deleuze reading "architects"

Sep 18, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Thanks tadsthetad ---- I found 3dh very trivial so to say when I suddenly saw this idea destill a compleat framework, from a Solid model , just as I expected , I thought "this is great but offcaurse something so simplem I think I go out and tell about this simple idear that solve so many structural issues". The the other thing you said "nothing come from nothing" --- well not intirely, you see 3dh was a brand new thing, and it did not come from anything but a wish to make a workable solution to all the complains architects was making, about CAD.

Sep 18, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
baldo

o i see.. nice. this is more in the lines industrial production, i think.. sorry iam not that familiar with this. but i believe it has significant implications in architectural design.

Sep 18, 07 11:26 am  · 
 · 
baldo

do you know zaha backwards is ahaz?

=

"As soon as we cease to believe in such an engineer and in a discourse which breaks with the received historical discourse, and as soon as we admit that every finite discourse is bound by a certain bricolage and that the engineer and the scientist are also species of bricoleurs, then the very idea of bricolage is menaced and the difference in which it took on its meaning breaks down. " -derrida

"Structure, Sign, and Play in the Discourse of the Human Sciences,"

WTF?

really, ahaz is zaha backwards.

Sep 18, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Not before some architect who understand the wonders it can make, --- realy understand it and do not just use it as we seen it used, to make a spetacular surface , but realise the structural integrety and that manufactoring of building compoments must come by the computer generating an assembly framwork from the Solid model made by the designer, --- that will amke the change in architecture worth such prize, --- but sadly architects either "borrow" an idear before they even realise it's possibilities just to create a fancy surface or they havn't got the gutts to look into new construction methods.
See when it is more than just a new way to make a spetacular display, when it change everything and for first time, allow the computer to calculate what must be manufactored and manufactor the frames directly from the 3D model, --- then architecture will change.

Sep 18, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
baldo

how about makoto sei watanabe's other concepts of the computer/AI simulating
a design ie the computer directly designs.. feed it with the parameters, etc... it is not that distant i think before we harness the analytical powers of the computer in designing directly... digital/interactive architecture is something im also intersted in.

Sep 18, 07 11:40 am  · 
 · 
baldo

parametric design..

Sep 18, 07 11:40 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Yes --- but we are still just talking m some talk so big words that you would think they understand, but you be suprised as words are so sevant that a dull description are more important than a build design.

And I repeat what I havn't said --- if you want that prize, and the thing is not as corrupted as any other prizes, --- then a fancy building that prove every aspect about 3dh beside the exiting refreshment such concept will be, shuld bring some prices. If you don't know 3dh you just has to listen to the fierce complains from those who see themself threadened by this upside-down turning idear M 3dh changes just anything and make the structure for any house at a third the cost, and being a cube based structural system , the strength of these structures will be four times, beside only one material are used -- one that invite to further develobing of friendly new sheet materials , --- now the forms has been tortured and everything became so arogant, and the houses still are made by walls and floors in the tradisional way, only change on the outside surface or the hysteric streched forms, ---- then architecture reached a dead end.

Sep 18, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
cf

Who are the people that choose the winner? There is the fault.
What is the Pritzker? Is the Pritzker deserving?

Sep 18, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I think we should just leave tads and Per to sort this one out.

Sep 18, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
cf

agfa8x:
So you agree this Pritzker thing is a mess?

Sep 18, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: