Archinect
anchor

curious code

el jeffe

from the city of albuquerque zoning code:

CIRCUS. A travelling (sic) enterprise that features feats of physical skill and daring, wild animal acts, and performances by clowns.

no clowns - no circus.

i recall the LA zoning code had provisions regarding the wattage and spacing of bare lamps strung up on christmas tree lots.

Sep 12, 07 5:07 pm
vado retro

albucrackee has a lot of clowns. but few circuses.

Sep 12, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

not to be confused with a similar zoning code in the district of columbia:

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. a stationary enterprise which only features performances by clowns.

Sep 12, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

from the Chicago Zoning Code

17-17-0100-6 "The phrase "specified anatomical areas" in connection with adult uses means:

(A) Less than completely or opaquely covered:(a)human genitals, pubic region,(b) buttock and (c) female breast ibelow a point immediatly above the top of the areola; and

(B) Human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state, even if completely and opaquely covered

Sep 12, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

Discernibly Turgid?

Sep 12, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

this should help clear things up...

http://members.aol.com/rg1004/erection.faq.html

I like how obscene breast exposure is determined by 'a straight line so drawn that both nipples and portions of both breasts which have a different pigmentation than that of the main portion of the breasts are below such
straight line'

Sep 12, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

ep i remember the first time i came across turgid in that passage. what a crack up...

Sep 12, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

i love that still, in many states, you can't hold public office if you've participated in a duel.

Sep 12, 07 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Steven

just dont cross streams

Sep 12, 07 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Sep 12, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

seattle's DPD is run by clowns...

Sep 12, 07 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

word, holz
i will second that.
clowns with no concept of time.

Sep 13, 07 1:11 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

i was lucky in a previous job, my boss wouldn't let me go (fee burn!) so i never got to deal with it.

now it's almost a daily thing.

Sep 13, 07 1:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: