Archinect
anchor

in office massuse's.....massage people

binary

so,

are there any offices that bring in a massage person to do chair massages?....

i know back in college we used to help each other out with that sort of thing...late nights....neck/back issues/etc...

i'm at the point where i need to prolly see a massuse/chiroprator once a week or something.....

any people partake in a frequent "relaxation" with your clothes on?

b

Aug 29, 07 11:56 pm

i know of an office here in amsterdam does, although in principle it's a good idea the workers consider that the boss uses it as a way to avoid RSI and stress claims.

Aug 30, 07 8:02 am  · 
 · 
n_

One of the head honchos in my firm's division is trying to have someone come in every other Friday.

He presented this to our division in our weekly meeting. He said something along the lines of, "You guys have been working really hard and need a good stress relief. I'm trying to see if there is interest in having a masseuse come in every other week and rub your shoulders and neck for about 10-15 minutes each person. Are you interested?"

He received a standing ovation.

I doubt it will happen. There is always hope.

Aug 30, 07 9:46 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes please...

Aug 30, 07 9:46 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My old firm did this once, it was greatly appreciated, but not inexpensive, so I can understand why it wasn't a regular perk. But it was great when it happened.

But cryzko, be honest: those late-night "studio massages" weren't *just* about limiting carpal tunnel stress...

Aug 30, 07 10:01 am  · 
 · 
binary

i actually was a good boy in college......

i was too busy building models...haha......

but i did have a full drawer of candy ...about 20 pounds worth at least...would last the entire semester... i would trade off for beverages... and gave some out here and there...haha......

people visit you more when you are known for having candy and being a pimp model builder.....haha

b

Aug 30, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

it's all about the Kung-fu grip

Aug 30, 07 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sometimes I massage myself in the bathroom at the office

Aug 30, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

i saw that one coming. Oops no pun intended.

I heard rumours that Lundberg design had professionals to come in assist staff in ergonomics - a small but necessary step mind you.

Aug 30, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

When the boss offers to do it himself as a "cost cutting" measure... run!  Or call Gloria Allred.

Jan 7, 18 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor
I'm sure the ending will be Happy
Jan 8, 18 1:41 am  · 
 · 

These sort of perks are cheaper than paying more or bringing on additional staff so that people don't have to work 60+ hours a week.

It is part of the never ending work day culture that silicon valley made fashionable a few years ago.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Jan 8, 18 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

When I worked in NY for a bit there came a massage therapist once or twice into the office, just made me feel uncomfortable no matter how hard he tried...that he set up shop in the model workshop didn't really help either.

Jan 9, 18 2:51 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Repurposing the table saw with a mat and face pillow sounds very relaxing to me!

Jan 10, 18 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: