Archinect
anchor

WTC recycled steel

architorture

just need a bit of assistance in finding some information or any leads i may have missed:

client wants to use recycled steel from the WTC as part of the structure...

have found some oversees companies[mainly in korea, china and others] that do this but am trying to find some in the US...

from reading articles about the recent construction of the USS New York using recycled steel has also produced a lead, but wondering if i've missed any...

thanks to everyone for their responses.

Aug 28, 07 3:14 pm
eastcoastarch03

and they want steel recycled from the WTC because?....

Aug 28, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

yes i understand that there are controversial undertones...
it's for the structure of a church......yeah i know....

just wanting to see if anyone had some information that i may have missed...

Aug 28, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

i got some to sell them...will give them gooooood price

Aug 28, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
binary

china owns steel time that is used for u.s. steel.... thats why steel is expensive now........

b

Aug 28, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

steel is also expensize cause we are fighting a couple of wars...

Aug 28, 07 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Wow. Death steel. Morbid.

Aug 28, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
joe

that would be the most rediculous church to go to a service in. could you imagine every time you go into the place seeing a big plaque touting the fact they used it? not even taking into account how many times it would be referenced in sermons about how strength prevails, reusing broken parts of an event orchestrated by the "other religion"... meh, thats too political for a church. also sounds way too "over the top" (insert an amazing stallone reference here)

Aug 29, 07 12:03 am  · 
 · 
binary

fritz enterprises

Aug 29, 07 12:08 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

wow that'd be seriously f'ed up clients to be working for
good luck

Aug 29, 07 12:41 am  · 
 · 
architorture

thanks guys for the help...

well i told my boss that if they are looking for some recycled formwork lumber we could always go down to new orleans....might be a little moldy but...hey...we're using WTC recycled steel...should be more encompassing with our references to US tragedies...

trust me...i'm going home and venting about this...

Aug 29, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

Architorture, you wouldn't happen to be named Thomas, would you?

Aug 29, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

if by thomas you mean the opposite sex of someone named thomas than yes...i am a female and i am not named thomas...

[sorry if the above seems a little snarky....i saw superbad recently and it's brought out a saucy side...]

Aug 30, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

A sweet pair of towers, constructed in partvise materials of the original steel frame one, of the old towers would be a triumf. But no one want to make a mountain of money . Even light weight the right designs would make the steel costs even higher , but they don't realy want to win, and will build anything what so ever anyway .

Emagine what a wonder could be produced with the steel used, just a different way, the new WTC, like this or that, realy ; what chances had the world of architecture doing this job, if not with engineering !

Aug 30, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

sigh...

Aug 30, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

wtf??

Aug 30, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Why do you write that eastcoastarch03, maybe I shuld add "sorry" ,but please remember, that this sorts of english are difficult to grasp, on an internasional platform , ---and don't misunderstand my oicture as if this was a project groupæed and then spit out, as even swell then some ones design , someone who just published on the web years before the design jettisoned --- now nothing that kind at all, are ever planned and that steel will soon be in all building steel, reused just for new building parts, frankly I just ask, what other steel towers could replace the towers ,even now ?

Aug 30, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Sorry Architorture. I once knew a guy named Thomas who went by Architorture on a couple of different sites. Great guy.

Aug 30, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: