Archinect
anchor

root beer

jae

Is anybody here from the U.K.? I heard that english people hate the taste of root beer...surely this can't be true! Root beer is the most delicious substance God ever created. Period.

Aug 27, 07 4:03 pm
cadalyst

birch beer is where it's at...

Aug 27, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

as a 9 year old i put a handful of birch bark into a glass of water and microwaved the bejeezus out of it thinking i would wind up with birch beer.

i just wound up with hot water bark tea.

nasty stuff, really, i would not recommend it.

i do enjoy the fine and expensive taste of Virgil's Root Beer:

Aug 27, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
jae

well im a part time merchandiser for pepsi so im paid to say that this is where its at
[img]http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/statesidecandy/images/mug.jpg[img/]

Aug 27, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
jae

crap

Aug 27, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
jae

jesus steven didn't you hear that barq's is just tapwater? they run it straight from the faucet at the coke plant.

Aug 27, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

A friend visited me from Germany and after trying root beer for the first time, he said it tasted like toothpaste.

Aug 27, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

i'll have to drink more tapwater.

Aug 27, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

i also like my catfish from the wild (bottom-feeding, so be it) rather than farmed. those contaminants must be tasty, cuz farm-raised has no taste.

Aug 27, 07 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

When studying abroad, I bought a 2 liter bottle of what I thought was root beer. It was bitter, and gross, and certainly not root beer. To this day I still don't know what it was.

Any guesses?

Aug 27, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

well, after some cunning research, I found it. Chinotto. Here is the wiki link, and no I havent yet figured out fancy linking, so deal with the copy and pasted web address please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinotto

Aug 27, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

rot beer?

Aug 27, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
jae

hells yeah on the catfish steven!

Aug 27, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

not a sinle mention of a&w? i used to love those little drive thrus that were only open during the summer months. seems like a complete anachronism these days

Aug 27, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
207moak
Aug 27, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
a&w root beer's got that frosty mug taste...

come on, sing along!

Aug 27, 07 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

or...

Aug 27, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

anyone else (especially the bitter-heads) have this?

it's wretched

Aug 27, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i love moxie.

i also love Inca Cola.

Aug 27, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
postal

filbert's

delicious and inexpensive (well, if you live close)

Aug 27, 07 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I'll heartily second Virgil's.

At the RISD refectory store they had 1 liter bottles of Virgil's with a fancy stopper for awhile. I think there was a deal where if you saved up 13 of the bottles and sent in the labels or something they would send you a home micro brew kit with which to refill the bottles. I don't think any of us ever sent in for the kit but we sure drank a lot of Virgil's.

Aug 27, 07 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I like Sterwarts too

Aug 27, 07 7:31 pm  · 
 · 

i have a glass moxie bottle from the late 1890's, when it was still a root elixir.

Aug 27, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: