Archinect
anchor

boot friday!

stephanie

today marks the inagural boot friday at my office!
i've never ridden a bike in cowgirl boots, before today!
if i didn't have a lunch and learn on geothermal heat to go to i would go down to the saloon, shoot some whiskey and smoke a cigarette at noon.

Aug 24, 07 12:37 pm
cadalyst

sarcastic wednesday...

redline thursday...

boot friday?

(we need to fill monday and tuesday!)

Aug 24, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

redline thursdays?

what about those of us who dont own cowboy boots... are we not to partake?

Aug 24, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

this was brought up. my defense of boot friday was that i purchased mine at savers (a thrift store) for $17. then we opened it up to any kind of boots, not just cowperson boots.

a coworked asked "what about flip flop friday?" to which i suggested could turn ugly if boot wearers had a foot confrontation with flip floppers.

Aug 24, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Jeepers, I cant wait for the weather to turn cool so I can pull these out of the closet again! Just had them resoled!!

Good for you in your kick-ass-take-names cowgirl boots, stephanie!

And I agree, flip-flop Friday is a terrible idea.

Aug 24, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

manic monday?

Aug 24, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i personally celebrate tuna salad tuesdays... i think its got potential

Aug 24, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I used to wear steel toe docs, but retired them after graduating college.

Aug 24, 07 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

we have wagon wednesdays also...where we go to the burrito wagon.

i think this could be appropriated into taco truck tuesday or thursday.

Aug 24, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I wear these Justin Bay Apaches most often:

But I also love my Ariat Heritage Roughstocks. I typically only wear these at the ranch. I think I may start wearing them daily now that they're getting more worn in.

I've also got some Justin work boots, and my best friend (who's a cop) got me some SWAT issue boots that I wear when it's icy out side. Neither one is worth posting a picture of, though.

Aug 24, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Well we got flip flop friday only cause that's what i'm wearing and as a matter of fact they are currently kicked off, so its ugly toes that need a manicure friday.

Please don't try to visualize!

Aug 24, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Almost forgot my snake boots. Not snake skin, but snake proof. Seriously. They're for clearing brush on the ranch. Not very fashionable, but damn they're handy. I've been bit 4 times on the right leg and twice on the left in the past year. Thank god for these things.

Aug 24, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

rfuller, why is the sole so thick on those?

Aug 24, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

whislter, we're architects - how can we not visualize? ;-)

Aug 24, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

living in a house with two small girls has certain items in abundance - yesterday i was sporting a pink hello-kitty band-aid on my left pinkie to a contractor meeting.

Aug 24, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
r

unproductive monday
motivated tuesday
successful wednesday
consultant-dilemma thurday
clock-watching friday
slow-porgress saturday
bitter sunday

Aug 24, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL jeffe!

r, good list.

Aug 24, 07 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

r, classic, that should be taught in school!

Aug 24, 07 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

it used to be Veggie-Burger Tuesdays for me.

now it's just Tuesday.

Aug 24, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

SH, those are crepe soles. They're kind of like rubber soles on boots. They're better for walking around all day, and they're great for getting traction in any situation. They're pretty common here in TX. Most people who wear boots every day wear crepes 5 days of the week, and leathers on friday night and sunday morning. I like my riding heels because they're so damn handy when I sit on a bar stool all day.

Aug 24, 07 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I have never seen the 'crepe' sole. My dad wears leathers or his work boots (the slip on kind, laces are for dorks), but most guys in the piney woods wore the simple rubber sole. The guys in dallas that I see wear rubber or leather, or no boots at all. Wonder what age I should purchase my son his first pair of snakeskins; his dad doesn't have cowboy boots at all though.

Aug 24, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I want some

Aug 24, 07 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

SH, I always forget you're in Dallas.

His dad should get some boots first. That will provide for the obligatory naked baby w/ dad's boots & hat picture as required by Texas law. I wouldn't get the kid his own boots until he's at least 3 or 4. Be warned.

If your child wears boots in Texas, it will be increasingly difficult to keep Copenhagen out of his mouth in his late teenage years. If you ever catch him with dip, let me know. I'll come beat him up. Dipping has been the worst decision of my life. I'd hate to see anyone else's kid start. Cowboy boots are the first step. You've been warned.

Aug 24, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
postal

around these parts we have high-five friday... though it has since died down... i think only two people make a point to high five me around the office. what happened to office morale?

Aug 24, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
postal

oh... but at the previous office it used to be blondie fridays... you better believe office morale was high

Aug 24, 07 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

every day is flip-flop day for me

Aug 24, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

what about booty friday?

Aug 24, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i walked (8 blocks) to my lunch and learn on geothermal and now i have boot blisters. normally i am anti-walking around the office barefoot, at this moment it is essential.

Aug 24, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I really miss working in an office. I love all you virtual guys, but I miss real people with whom I can do things like silly high-fives and psuedo rocking to Blondie (who actually rocks).

steph, soak your feet in epson salts when you get home - it really helps.

Aug 24, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

The boots and hat photo I figure can be done with my dad's boots, so granpa's (or whatever he wants to be called). But isn't strange how babies put on dad's boots all on their own, we were never forced, we just did it.

Aug 24, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

i used to work for a firm where it was common for the them to 'give someone the boot' every friday.

Aug 24, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
jae

this is as close to boots as i will allow myself to go...as a God-fearing college student...

Aug 24, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i give awesome foot rubs(for ladies only)

Aug 24, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i've never had a foot rub.

as soon as i can i'm hopping on my 10 speed and getting my feets in some salts. thanks for the suggestion LB! apparently boot friday calls for a pre-func of foot soak before friday night binge drinking...

Aug 24, 07 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

My twenty year old Justins are collecting mold in the closet....I break them out when ever I have to make a trip west to visit the family outwise they would regard me as an alien. This is more so of the Cattle ranching uncles. My favorite pair of boots were Justins, Elk Hide. They didn't look pretty but damn they were comfortable in an out of the saddle.

Aug 24, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

vado, I'll wear a wig.

Aug 24, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

garpike,

from what I hear, you will put on a wig for most dudes....

Aug 25, 07 1:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: