Archinect
anchor

DIY: Commercial glue down carpet?

aking

How difficult is this to install? Any special tools req'd?

The room is 11'6 wide, carpet roll is 12'. So is it just trim, fit right, glue, and done?

Aug 24, 07 10:05 am

i've never done it before, but i'd imagine that there is a special trowel for applying the appropriate amount of glue... and i'd guess that you process would be 1) trowel out the glue, 2) roll out the carpet, and then 3) trim... i don't think that you'd want to trim it ahead of time or you'll never get it to fit...

but that is all speculation... i could be completely wrong...

Aug 24, 07 10:10 am  · 
 · 
tinydancer

Glue as you roll and then you have to smooth down-a roller or something to get the wrinkles out-but you really want to do glue-down?? A pain in the you know what to change out-and messy.

Aug 24, 07 10:19 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

don't make the mistake of assuming your room is square.

Aug 24, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

if the carpet and or the glue has the potential to off-gas, make sure there's enough ventilation. i've heard a bad story about someone being overcome by the fumes and passing out...

Aug 24, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
aking

Home Depot has a step by step instructional on their website that makes it seem like no big deal. Has anyone actually installed this stuff?

And yeah got to go with this. The rest of the apartment has it in it, we just want to finish it.

Aug 24, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
spark

look up flor.

Aug 24, 07 7:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: