Archinect
anchor

LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE

arkisurfr

Who are some of your favorite landscape architects/firms?

Aug 21, 07 12:38 pm
khalil

Actually in architectural world there is nothing called my favorite it’s not a food or color ,
It’s art and here the taste is coming and the creativity … any way what I prefer is the architects who perform multi purpose projects in different types

Landscape Architects

Aug 21, 07 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

LET ME THINK ABOUT IT

Aug 21, 07 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
In historical writings, when used in reference to a person, favorite or favourite implies the intimate companion of a ruler or other important person. In medieval and Early Modern Europe, among other times and places, the term is used of individuals delegated significant political power by a ruler. It is especially a phenomenon of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, when government had become too complex for many hereditary rulers, and political constitutions were still evolving. The term is also sometimes employed by conservative writers who want to avoid emotional terms such as "friend", "lover", or "paramour" of either sex.

Favorite is also often used in races and competitions when referring to the competitor (i.e., horse, actress, player, team, etc.) having the best chance of winning.
Aug 21, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

DID ANYONE VISIT THIS SHOW? IT WAS EXCELLENT.

Aug 21, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
khalil

r u still thinking

Aug 21, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

NO

Aug 21, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
khalil

had you came up with any !!!

Aug 21, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
arkisurfr

think garpike miight be butt-hurt about something. links look good, thanks yall

Aug 21, 07 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
khalil

jafidler woooow show

will it happen again !!

Aug 22, 07 3:07 am  · 
 · 
Travis Woodward

I LOVE MARTHA SCHWARTZ. SHE HAS WONDERFUL IDEAS

Aug 22, 07 4:12 am  · 
 · 
r

west 8 - constantly progrssive and concious

...and of course petra blaisse's firm; inside/outside

Aug 22, 07 6:43 am  · 
 · 

West 8
Field Operations
Martha Schwartz
And although i don't think he designs
Alan Berger GSD
I just finished his two books,
Drosscape and Reclaiming the American West!
Highly recommended!
I might have to change my profession

Aug 22, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

khalil, groundswell is over, but a very good book came out of the exhibition.

Aug 22, 07 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

landscape is local, so it all depends on where you are.
Turinscape for China,
katie spitz in LA
Andropogon in philly

ironic that these firms get around.

Aug 23, 07 9:29 am  · 
 · 
chesterkn

I like gh-design in Atherton, Ca
www.gh-design.net

Nov 3, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

nice to see this thread bumped...

chester- for a very first comment (welcome to archinect), you have very specific and mediocre taste. If you work for those folks, please come out and say it - we'll accept a direct attempt at endorsement better then an anonymous one. Their pokey website shows nothing special in their projects- looks like every other residential garden design firm in CA since tommy church and eckbo. The grass hassock is sort of interesting, but is still a one liner.

I appreciate you joining our conversation, please give us more of what makes them so special, and I'll be happy to reevaluate my first impressions.

Nov 3, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
va bene

I've just recently done some reading on D.I.R.T. Studio and am pretty impressed with their work, then again I'm quite interested in brownfields and post-industrial sites so...

Also I'll put another vote in for Andropogon, they do some cool community based designing. Plus they're named after a field grass, awesome.

Nov 4, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I want to start a firm that crosses D.I.R.T. Studios with Andropogon out on the west coast.

Walter Hood is the hero of all social justice inspired 'scapers, most famous for his beautiful urban parks in the East Bay that provide places for the homeless and drug addicts as much as for the business folks eating lunch.

Of the OG's who inspired/taught many of those currently at their peak is Richard Haag (Laurie Olin's first boss), profiled this month in LA Magazine...

See also landscape central for more on this topic.

Nov 4, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

I love Farmlab...

Thought about it after reading Orhan's new feature...

Nov 6, 07 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: