Archinect
lletdownl

that doesnt sound small to me at all... thats about how many are at my firm and we have the entire floor of our building.
small is 10-15 in my mind

then of course under ten is 'mini'

Aug 16, 07 9:38 am  · 
 · 
skilla

50 is pretty big!

Aug 16, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
comb

Per the latest AIA Firm Survey, in 1993 94% of all architecture firms employed fewer than 20 people; whereas, in 2005 91% of all architecture firms employed fewer than 20 people.

However, in 2005 firms > 20 people accounted for 60.3% of all architectural jobs and accounted for 71.3% of all architectural billings.

So, while there's still a large number of "smallish" firms out there, firms that employ more than 20 people are growing at a much faster rate and expanding their market share of architectural billings.

Aug 16, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

So 9% of all firms are making 71.3% of the $ 24 Billion dollar market.

Time to hire more staff!

Aug 16, 07 10:20 am  · 
 · 
stone

Not entirely sure "hiring more staff" translates into "more billings" -- think it works the other way around.

Aug 16, 07 10:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

recently i think i pissed one of my bosses off. i was helping him out with a interior remodel project and i said something like "we should provide more space here as americans are getting larger." he's a little on the rotund side.

Aug 16, 07 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Chch

...or just put in more stairs?

Aug 17, 07 2:33 am  · 
 · 
upside

you want to give them all heart attacks?

Aug 17, 07 4:19 am  · 
 · 
snooker

My goal is to design the perfect stair, which no one can fall down....more handrails, more nubbies on the floor and of course, more balustrade so people will not fall thru the cracks.

Aug 17, 07 8:09 am  · 
 · 
nonarchitect

Put i airbag at the bottom landing too, so it inflates upon hard impact.

Aug 17, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: