Archinect
anchor

Background checks?

mad+dash

Does anyone know of a good company to do employee background checks through? Not really familiar with this but thought I would start doing them. I've looked at intelius and the like.
Any recommendations?

thanks in advance.

Aug 13, 07 8:15 pm
quizzical
ScreenNow
Aug 14, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'd start with google and see if "their name" brings up anything interesting

Aug 14, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

WOW - do architecture firms really do this?
-i mean could they find out that ive been arrested for getting some on the rooftop of a building i was doing a site visit for during my academia days. They might actually hire me then! LOL!

Aug 14, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

For our firm, if you are handling sensitive information (like our books) we will do a background check prior to hiring.

We should probably do it more often on everyone as a general policy.

In Illinois if you are a dead beat dad, your license is automatically suspended.

Aug 14, 07 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
binary

background checks=bondonka dunk

Aug 14, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

We don't do background checks, but a few of our clients do. We have ongoing projects with some companies and institutions that require background checks for anyone allowed into various sensitive areas of their buildings or campuses. There was a situation in which a client asked that a member of our firm not be assigned to their project, because of something that showed up in their record. I'm not sure exactly what the "something" was, but we complied in taking the person off the project.

The "deadbeat dad" rule applies in a number of states. When I applied for reciprocity in my current state I had to submit notorized affidavits that I don't owe child support, don't owe federal or state taxes to any state, and have not been convicted of a crime "other than non-felony traffic violations".

Aug 15, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I never have to sign anything, they just scan the chip embedded in my forhead

Aug 15, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: