Archinect
anchor

internship in Sao Paulo

yesyesoyey

Hi,
I just graduated as a civil engineer in architecture at the Katholic University of Leuven, Belgium.
I'm thinking of working six months to one year in Sao Paulo/
I was wondering what the chances are to find a job with only a basic knowledge of Portuguese ( i only just started to learn). i'm thinking of firms like Andrade Morettin, spbr, una arquitetos, MMBB Arquitetos,...
Are there any international oriented firms located in Sao Paulo?
thanks

Aug 13, 07 5:37 pm
simples

yesyes...i can't help you with anything specific, but in general terms, a lot of good advice was given here
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=61594_0_42_0_C
in regards to Sao Paulo and Rio...You might want to try to get a hold of someone at USP-FAU
or MacKenzie to see if they have any resources available...good luck, you will have a great time...i love Sampa!

Aug 13, 07 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Adamus

Sao Paulo rocks! I'm jealous if you get an internship there!

Aug 14, 07 2:26 am  · 
 · 
yesyesoyey

thanks a lot. i'll be leaving in six months.
improving my portuguese in the meantime :)

Aug 20, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
simples

portuguese is not the easiest language to pick up in a hurry, but if you master its accent and rhythim, you will find that women seem to enjoy it!

good luck! let us know how it all plays out and your impressions of sao paulo when you get there!

Aug 20, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: