Archinect
anchor

Help! NYC Housing Crisis

Living in Gin

Greetings, all…

Sorry for the drama, but I’m dealing with a bit of a crisis situation here, and not everybody keeps up with Thread Central.

Long story made short: My cat and I have until noon on Saturday, August 11th to vacate the dorm here at Columbia University, but despite a full week of visiting apartments and meeting prospective roommates in almost every corner of the city, I haven’t yet been able to arrange a more permanent housing situation. There have been a couple of solid prospects and I was sure at least one of them would have panned out by now, but one by one they’ve either fallen apart at the last minute, or I’m still in limbo waiting for other people to make their decisions.

In the meantime, I find myself without a place to live in about eleven hours. (Columbia University, in its infinite compassion, will charge me $100 per hour that I’m late checking out of the dorm, despite the fact that fall students don’t begin moving in until September 1st.) Larslarson has graciously offered me his place to crash in for a night or so, but he’s allergic to cats and I don’t want to overstay my welcome.

If anybody knows of a housing situation I could take advantage of – either as a temporary measure or something more permanent – I’d greatly appreciate it. My access to the internet will most likely be rather limited after about 11 AM on Saturday, but feel free to call my cell phone at 312 404 5128. Also, feel free to pass this message on to anybody who might be able to offer assistance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 11, 07 1:30 am
b3tadine[sutures]

LIG aren't there any hostels you'd could take advantage of, even if it's just temp??

Aug 11, 07 11:15 am  · 
 · 
TED

called the broadway hotel + hostel [$26/night] in 4 bed dorm [with bath in room]
stayed there in jan - VERY VERY clean [no bugs - new sheets every night]

230 West 101 Street, Broadway 212-865-7710

http://www.broadwayhotelnyc.com/index.asp

when you book on http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/BroadwayHotelnHostel-NewYork-16002 its cheaper.

Aug 11, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: