Archinect
anchor

LONDON - Two Diploma Students Looking For a Flatmate

woodface

Hello Archinecters,

I'm looking for a flatmate to take the third bedroom in three-bed house conversion in the Camden/Holloway area of London.

The two of us will be starting diploma in September (one at the Bartlett, the other at the AA) so we've made sure the place has good connections in to both institutions. The number 29 bus stops right outside and will get you to either place in 20 minutes or less.

The place is lovely, with very large and bright bedrooms - definitely enough space for a regular bedroom + studio/working area.

The rent would be 130 pounds a week.

If you reply with your email I can send you photos, location and contact information.

Adam

PS. Is this better off in another category? Maybe Academia or Random?

Aug 7, 07 7:56 pm
Ryan Keerns

yes, a friend and i are studying at the AA for the fall semester and are looking for a place. i'm flying to london on sunday and would love to stop by.....let me know if that might work.

Aug 8, 07 9:05 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

I am probably living with 200 yards of you. Studying at the Bartlett, feel free to get in contact.

Aug 8, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
woodface

Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately we have our negotiations with the landlord/agent have run into trouble, and it looks unlikely we will be in the flat I described. My friend and I will now embark upon another search. We'll still be looking for a third person, so I will update this thread when we have closed in on a place. If you would like r.keens, I can in contact with you when I know more?

Sorry about this!

Adam

Aug 9, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
antipod

Bless the hopeless state of the London rental market...

Thank god our bonds are finally safe.

Aug 9, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
camille

hello adam and his futur flat mate,
I am looking for a place to live in london for this coming year and was wondering how your house hunting was going and if you were still looking for a third flat mate. my name is camille, i'm from belgium and will be starting in first year at the AA.
Thankyou for getting in touch with me,
camille

([email protected])

Sep 9, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
woodface

Hi Camille,

I AM still looking, and I've sent you an email with more detail.

Sep 12, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
bangbang

hi adam,

i am also a diploma student in AA coming this yr and i'm lookiing for a single room to live in.
would you send me some details of your flat if you are still looking for the third flatmate?
anyways, nice to meet you here.

rick.

Sep 21, 07 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
woodface

Hi Rick,

I'm not actively looking for a flat mate any more - my situation has changed a lot since my last postings. Two flatmates have dropped out on me, and after viewing more than 40 places I've thrown in the towel. I'm going to extend my stay at my current temporary accommodation as long as I can and see what the new year brings.

I guess I'll be seeing all you new AA students on Monday.

Good luck with the search everyone!

Adam

Sep 21, 07 8:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: