Archinect
anchor

the search for topographic maps of cities

latx

Part of my summer job involves a comparison between New Orleans and 11 other cities. (I am an arch student in New Orleans.) Part of the cities comparison involves finding topographic maps of the 12 cities, which so far has proven difficult. Besides New Orleans, none of these cities are in the US. Most are in Europe, one is in China, one is in Central America, one is in Brazil, and the other is in the Middle East. I can find country data online or in any atlas, but when I get to the scale of the city, I am lost, aside from e-mailing the city planning departments, which might work in some cases but not all.

Does anyone know a database online or an appropriate book? The scale of these maps doesn't have to be large, as the cities when traced are less than 3" squared.

Thanks for any help,
latx.

Jul 31, 07 5:33 pm
WtfWtfWtf™
Terraserver!
USGS Topo Maps!

We Dont have topography in Chicago...San Francisco, on the other hand, has a city grid similar to Chicago's superimposed over some rugged terrain.

Jul 31, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: