i think both Maxis and Per have a case for infringement of taste

Jul 30, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

hmm?

Jul 30, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

It looks like something from Sim City 2000...the Launch Arco? Is that what you're talking about, Postal?

Jul 30, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
oldenvirginia

3dh? Isn't that building just floors and walls?

Jul 30, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

not to hijack or anything (you did start a 3dh thread), but did anyone notice that per seems to have gotten his name back?

if this be true, congrats, per.

Jul 30, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

Shouldn't this be called the DNA Tower?

Jul 30, 07 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
postal

liebchen, exactly

Jul 30, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Rock on, Postal! The tower doesn't seem to be completely 3d-h though...some kind of cheap knock-off. The tower's designers seem to be obsfucating their dilution of the purity of the 3d-h system behind some "fancy graphics."

Jul 30, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

No I don't reconise it as 3dh ---- maybe when or if it go into a projecting state it would be a good idea to think in 3dh ,but I think it is to early as there are not much experience to build on, I think the first real 3dh structures will be much smaller but I also think that when first succeses show the potential we been discussing in terms of these sorts of structures, then things will evolve fast and the programs to calculate the right density and strength of these structures will become valuable.

Jul 31, 07 7:32 am  · 
 · 

i bet it's real and that we'll hear more about it soon. probably in abu dhabi or singapore. and, hey, it wouldn't be the worst we've seen.

Jul 31, 07 7:39 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

--------- But ..... what I find wrong, is that the focus is not in the detail, the structure is not allowed as the main thing, Please understand me when I complain and make a paralell to the first modernist experimenting ; it is that from the start widening vision, not the narrow wish for spetacular forms that make the quality . Something is missing and it is the joy and experimenting when the "goal" become greater and bigger buildings ---- where did the quality and beauty go, realy I would find a small ,cheap and strong family house much more beautifullm also much more visionary.

Jul 31, 07 8:27 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

how would the elevators go in it i wonder

Jul 31, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: