Archinect
anchor

IDP Requirements

tinydancer

I have searched and searched the NCARB website with no luck...everything states that 700 IDP Training Units are required minimum to fulfill the IDP requirement for ARE's, etc.
Does anyone know if the amount is different if you have a MArch? I know the years used to be different requirements for each, but are they now the same?
Any help with this stuff would be appreciated-could they make it all a little more confusing-I don't think so!

Jul 27, 07 5:24 pm
Philarch
Here

I don't remember it being this high, but apparently a post-professional (M.Arch II) can decrease the requirement by 117 units.

Jul 27, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

Yes, a post-professional M.Arch degree can get you 117 units, which is about 6 months worth of IDP units. Up until 3 or 4 years ago it could get you twice that many units (a year of IDP).

A first-professional M.Arch does not earn any IDP units. But the Florida state board allows anyone with any M.Arch degree to complete only 2 years of IDP - which will only help you if you plan to stay in Florida for awhile, since you'd have to complete the rest of IDP in order to get reciprocity in almost all of the other states.

Jul 27, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

By the way, all of the official IDP rules are downloadable from www.ncarb.org

Jul 27, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
superduct

MARCH is only required to have 465 units in the state of florida... check your state by clicking here.

it will be clearly stated under the second entitled 'TRAINING'.

Jul 29, 07 11:01 am  · 
 · 
superduct

*second title 'TRAINING'

Jul 29, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
superduct

woops, bloop said this already. sowy.

Jul 29, 07 11:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: